1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014/2015 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, May 19, 2014.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I linked to the SB article because it's in English and most people here don't speak Spanish.

You said "And no, you're not picking out more decent ones. Where is the reputable sources in the rumour you just posted then? An SBNation article from a Brazilian journalist that looks to be living in America, loves pizza and has Basketball and Baseball tweets in his timeline?", which can only be seen as you thinking the writer of this article created the rumour. I don't know how you can twist that statement. As I said, any decent fan would know that SBNation only repeats what other sources say, so for you to name the writer is pure rubbish.

The publisher of the rumour is Mundo Deportivo, which you should know.
    And if their sources are saying Gündogan had a medical check in Müller-Wohlfahrt's clinic, with Barca docs being present, and they're naming the transfer date, contract length and transfer fee...that is NOT random rubbish.

Believe whatever you want and continue to act like an arrogant prick, we'll see how this turns out.

2. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

Jesus, you are such a rookie. I know the rumour is from Mundo Deportivo. And I know that Mundo Deportivo is completely unreliable when it comes to football rumours. That is something you should know.

Yeah, I guess we'll see :)

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Then why would you ask me where the rumour is from and make that moronic line about the SB writer, especially after I say they're not the source. I don't get it.

Yes we'll see, but handling a rumour that is filled with information and dates, numbers, events as rubbish makes no sense.

4. Sir Geving

Because you quoted a **** article instead of reputable sources.
    And I called you out because I hate all these posts with transfer rumours without said reputable sources.
    And I knew that Mundo Deportivo was the origin of this rumour.
    And I know that Mundo Deportivo is completely unreliable.

So..... I had my back covered, and tried to educate you a little bit on source criticism so that we from now on can discuss rumours from multiple reputable sources, or simply wait and discuss the transfers that actually go through.

Because the rumour you just posted, is completely irrelevant to discuss. It's not news, it's not a question, it's nothing.
    And a rumour filled with dates, numbers and events are completely common. So please don't feed me that bull****.

Did this work? Hah, I doubt it. You seem hellbent in your ways, but you are wasting your own and others time. That is all.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Terribly banking on someone not knowing the source of their article, making up their thought-process and level of information, even after they implied to know it, then somehow trying to twist your argument is well...not really educational or profound.

I think it's logical I'd not post an article here in a language that 90% of people are not able to read.

Again, create a [no rumors, all facts] thread or set me on ignore if you can't stand anything besides already known facts.

And no, rumours containing a report on the player already being to the medical check, having a fix transfer date and contract-details is not common, please show me how many more rumours with all that combined you've seen THIS YEAR (yea I'm letting you use nearly 6 full months because it's so common and by your reaction it should be hundreds of easily available articles).

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Sir Geving

^ Hah, that's right moes. I feel dumbified after this, it was so not worth it.

And yeah Yung'n. I tried to give you some pointers, but I utterly failed. Suggesting the ignore list was the best idea I've seen on this board from you. Good luck to you buddy.

8. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

^^ Not my fight or anything but I don't mind at all to discuss hypothetical trades... I actually find it exciting to talk about the possibilities and different scenarios.

As a Barca fan, I will tell you that we will sign a CM this summer. For 2 reasons, it's elections time and Xavi is officially leaving the club. Now, only time will tell if Gundogan is the chosen one. From what I read (yes, rumors) it's either going to be one big splash CM (Pogba, etc) or two CM with lesser "star power" (Gundogan, O. Torres, Koke, etc.) Gundogan makes sense as his style of play is similar to Xavi. His contract expires on summer 2016 and well he wouldn't play for us until Jan 16, so he would stay with BVB until then (not playing UCL.)

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Most Norwegians I have met were actually quite nice.

Maybe it's different in the oil and gas industry.

10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Ugh, another day, another argument on here. Jeez.

Yung-T and Sir Geving need to be more like me. I mean seriously, I'm all about peace and love and I never nitpick at small details/comments that I disagree with. :grin:
    You two need to learn to be more peaceful, nice and less argumentative like I am on here. SMH.:grin:

(In all seriousness though, I get where Sir Geving is coming from but I know some on here don't mind reading up on transfer rumors via this thread. It's no big deal you guyssh just move on. :cool: )

11. Sir Geving

Probably right, most Norwegians are too soft. Seem to have lost our way since the time of the Vikings.

I kid. I'm usually a nice guy. Promise.

12. ferrari77

Why won't they just buy him this summer and bring him over in time for next season as opposed to waiting until next year? Especially with Xavi leaving once this season ends. Seems to me like it'd be better to bring him in in the summer window to give him more time to adjust to the Barca players and system than in the winter. Or you're saying they have no problem waiting until January for Ilkay because they will have another CM purchase like Koke that would come in during the Summer window?

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The transfer ban is why

14. ferrari77

AH Thanks REEKO, I completely forgot about that!:grin:

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Or in the whale catching industry ....

16. Sir Geving

Looks like the clock will keep ticking for HSV

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I hope they lose to the third of the 2. Bundesliga. I am sick and tired of them.

18. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Yup transfer man.. Another possibility is to train with the team, play friendlies but obviously not play official games. Sort of what was done with Suarez, different circumstances of course.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

So true, praying they'll finally fall.

20. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member