1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014/2015 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, May 19, 2014.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'm just not convinced on Ibe. Maybe it's because this is basically his first season as a full first team player. Maybe he'll prove himself and become a future superstar, in which he'll probably be picked up by one of the giant clubs.

Also I can't stand the way Sterling runs/dribbles the ball. It just doesn't look right. Steven Seagal knows what I'm talking about. Then there's that silly goal celebration where he covers his face.

I wished mauri would take over this team.

2. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

Of course now that it looks like Sterling is leaving, Ibe is a much bigger talent than Sterling (and has been all along) :) Hah!

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Pirlo approves. :grin:

[​IMG]

4. Ismail

Ismail Member

Liverpool cancel their meeting with Sterling. His agent is out of control! Sterling is going to look back at this time with regret he has been given some horrible advice.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Xavi is officially leaving from play in Qatar. It's one of the saddest days for me as he if my favorite footballer.

6. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Saw that.. wish him the best. At least he's leaving on top.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Reminds me of the late Serie A.

8. Ismail

Ismail Member

FIFA Presidential race now down to two men, Blatter basically has it locked up again. Luis Figo put out a pretty lengthy statement that does everything but explicitly state how corrupt the whole system is.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

10. Sir Geving

Let's not post every one of these. Couple weeks ago he was going to Man Utd from a good source remember? Let's post and discuss when there are multiple good sources instead of sources like these. Not saying this one is wrong, but I highly doubt it's right and these kind of articles are popping up continuosly.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

One generation of players. Iniesta will follow.

That is what they call 'Golden generation'. Any club would be lucky if a 'Silver' or 'Bronze' generation followed and not a generation of role players.

12. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The ManU thing was without any details and nothing even remotely saying anything about a contract or sure deal. This time there's a sum, details about meetings (which were known and reported by many sources over the last months) and the duration & date of the contract/transfer.

Premier league rumours without contract informations are rubbish and you hear dozens every week.

14. Sir Geving

That was you regarding the Gundogan to Man Utd rumours which were several reports including "reliable" german sources forgot that papers name and Sky Sports Germany's official channel. So please spare me that this blaugrana/Renato who is a better source.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

BILD usually is really reliable, so that was not common.

But still, all the major outlets were reporting on him meeting with Barca in the past few months and these rumors have been very persistent. And when you hear a real sum, transfer date and contract length, it's pretty solid. We'll see...

16. Sir Geving

Listen son, I'm just trying give you some advice. Those things means squat. Believe me.

There will be plenty of transfers and even sagas to discuss if there are good enough sources. So how about we stick to discussing transfers that actually have happened? Or transfer rumours that are heavily backed up by multiple reputable sources.

I just hate clicking on this thread to read random rumours. I've not seen any reputable journalists tweeting this rumour.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Don't have to call me son, I'm not new to football and know which sources are more reliable than others. Don't have to be arrogant and "give me advice" either, you're a fan like all of us and nothing more.
    I'm not reporting trash rumors here and pick out the more decent ones.

If you don't like rumors open a new thread, many of us like discussing potential transfers.

18. Sir Geving

Listen, son is not derogatory where I come from. And I'm giving you advice because you seem a little young and naive when it comes to football rumours. That's okay, I'm just trying to speed up the process for you here. No offense buddy.

And no, you're not picking out more decent ones. Where is the reputable sources in the rumour you just posted then? An SBNation article from a Brazilian journalist that looks to be living in America, loves pizza and has Basketball and Baseball tweets in his timeline?

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Your whole first paragraph is arrogant and derogative, I'm not new to football and I research a lot and know which sources are better or worse.

And you thinking this rumour was made by an US SBNation guy shows you don't know anything about it and apparently only receive your informations from US sites that re-spread their rumours from European sources and journalists.

If a SBNation article from their correspondent talks about a European rumour it's NOT from SBNation and this guy,they're just reporting what is said in the European source.

20. Sir Geving

Haha, this is pure comedy. I'm not thinking this rumour was made by an US SBNation guy. That was from YOUR quote. Seriously, how old are you?

And I asked you a question, where is the reputable source that the article you quoted has it's information from? Show it to me.