1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Kostas Papanikolaou as a Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, Sep 29, 2014.

1. PeppermintCandy

Could be the downside to playing (too much?) within the offensive scheme. When your teammates start to act outside of the expected sets, your passes don't seem as crisp or on target as they used to.

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He better shape up soon, he hasn't had an effective game in awhile.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I present... Kostas PoppinLockinNow…

<a href="http://t.co/PHJhTvuV4h">http://t.co/PHJhTvuV4h</a></p>&mdash; Zach Harper (@talkhoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/talkhoops/status/534593228989665280">November 18, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  4. Chamillionaire

Hahaha that's hilarious! :)

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

His reluctance to shoot really messed up the offense last night. Granted he was just contributing to the problem but he can't be afraid to miss. Gotta keep shooting when you're open.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

The dude is a certified scrub at this point.

He has a broken outside shot and if you don't have a 3 point shot as a wing player in this team, you deserve no play time

The guy was so relucatant and scared to shoot that he kept driving inside for nothing

7. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

the offense is broken right now without a four to space the floor. Papa was asked to be the solution too early out of the gate and has become very hesitant as his shots still not on.

The hesitation has to stop and it impacts the full team when he's only looking to pass and not to shoot. It also generally leads to his turnovers. That is correctable and with some game tape and practice will be over (not saying he'll be making his shots, but he'll realize the value of shooting over hesitating).

However, until we put him back at the three and let him get his footing, along with a four that can score, he'll continue to struggle because he's being asked to do too much too early. He'll be able to handle these compenents of the game later, but not now.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

While I don't think he has really developed the NBA three yet, I think he is missing more now due to pressure from everyone else struggling from the outside. If Ariza and Harden and Terry are all hitting, there is less pressure on Pap hitting.

9. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Trade Kpap and his dumb bounce passes

10. Zergling

Zergling Member

Sigh, Papi is the new V-Span with his terrible shot. At least McHale is giving him regular playing time, rewarding him for what he does bring to the table.

11. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

One bad loss and the sharks finally smell blood. People have been giving him a lot of slack because of our record, but I've been a charter member of the PapaBrickItNow hate club since World Cup when I saw him camping out @ the 3P line even though he was shooting < 20% from 3P.

World Cup FG%/3P%/PER36 PTS = .457/.091/10.5
    Pre Season FG%/3P%/PER36 PTS = .333/.219/11.2
    2014-2014 FG%/3P%/PER 36 PTS = .299/.286/7.6

World Cup PER36 REB/AST/TOV/AST2TOV = 5.1/2.7/2.7/1.0
    Pre Season PER36 REB/AST/TOV/AST2TOV = 4.5/3.5/2.3/1.5
    2014-2014 PER36 REB/AST/TOV/AST2TOV = 6.4/4.6/3.4/1.4

Considering our top 3 easiest schedule up to this point those numbers aren't very promising. Once teams have time to scout his tendencies they'll figure out he likes the bounce pass and is afraid to finish @ the rim.

12. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Its early and I like some intangibles Kpap brings to the table but it looks like Morey could have invested the money he spent bringing Dorsey and Kpap from Greece on some better bench help. Perimeter players that can't shoot are really useless in this offense.

13. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

He's adjusting to the NBA. He would benefit from a defined role. I think he tries to do a little too much at times. Let's see how he is doing at the end of the year before passing judgement.

14. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

A lot of guys are "scrubs" 10 games into their NBA career. In fact, most of them are, with the exception of maybe the top two picks from each draft. Not sure if you are aware of this, but he was not drafted with the one of top two picks.

You have literally got to be one of the most negative people on this board. Every thread, its the same thing.....whine and cry about Mchale. Whine and cry about Morey. Whine and cry about player or play X, Y, and Z. Get a grip dude...

15. Tommydee

Tommydee New Member

His shooting is horrible and he turns the ball over often...I hope we get Brewer or just anyone instead of PapaBrickItNow

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

It's funny how a few are piling on Pap & D-Mo for a bad game had by the whole team. Isaiah Canaan superstar riding down on a Yamaha played badly yet was annointed to be the saviour according to some.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Pap is only 10 games into his rookie year.

DMo has been a bonafide scrub for a long time now.

This isn't just because of one bad game.

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Feels obvious, but I think it's a little premature to be writing the guy off 11 games into the season. My primary gripe with Kostas (other than him missing wiiiiiiide open jumpers, which I can't be too mad about b/c he is far from the only one) is that he gets too fancy/dangerous with his passing. The fancypants passes around/through like 3 defenders in the lane are just so risky.

19. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

This thread serves as a good way of identifying posters with zero understanding of bball.

20. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

from what I'm seeing, his high risk passes come in situations in which he's hesitant and not shooting leading him to force a pass that he shouldn't be trying. it's a simple problem to fix but is compounding and rippling through his game.