1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[2014-15] Kostas Papanikolaou as a Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, Sep 29, 2014.

1. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Papa3Kolau has been a great addition. One of my favorites players to watch this year without a doubt.

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I hope Pap get the reins to create this game. He should do a number on Philly if allowed to fully express himself.

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...well I got this response from ESPN's David Thorpe on today's chat. Not as in depth as I would like, but I suppose the fact he agrees is a good sign.

4. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Is Kostas Papa-Nick the Greek Vassilis Spanoulis? AKA the black Tracy McGrady ???! AKA the pitcher for the Sugarland SKeeters!!?

5. basketballholic

Kostas is easily one of our top 2 forwards.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Glad you could join us! KP is quickly becoming one of my favorite players on the Rockets, so any insight or background on the guy from someone who's followed him in Europe is very welcome. :)-

7. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Simply put...K-Papa = Greek Basketball GAWD

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The dude has Omega and Sigma in his name. I'm not sure how much cooler a person can get.

ΚΩΣΤΑ

1 person likes this.
  9. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Good One...Repped!

10. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

11. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

12. bongman

bongman Member

Food for thought...

Papa has shown that he is a good fit for both Howard and DMo. Wonder if it would be the same with TJ.

13. Time Out

Time Out Member

Very good post from my OLY brother DELIS..
    on board with everything he said specialy the part about PAP having the right attitude beeing humble hungry and team everything and foremost..
    i remember reading in one of PAP earliest posts as a rocket, training less then a week with the team saying that its a very different experience from what he was used back in Europe where coaching staff permanently had to convince players that it's important to train and eat right ,always on the lookout for guys who loved to cut corners and then that u got the Rockets
    where they take care of everything for you and the only think u have to worry about is to take advantage of the state of the art facilities and the coaching team that will help u train for as long as u want basically saying it's all up to the individual otherwise there is always the next guy who maybe wants it more..
    i remember PAP beeing fascinated that they gave him a key card to some indoors training facility he could use 24/7 to get in to so he could be able to train even outside of training sessions..I have no doubt PAP will succeed he just wants it to bad and is willing to work for too..
    shame spanoulis wasn't cut from the same cloth.....

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

Link to the above post or article?

15. Time Out

Time Out Member

I read it on a greek site called sport24.gr but its in greek obviously..looked it up for you thow and if you put into google Kostas Papanikolaou Blog:Entry 1you get to see the entry he made translated in english..look it up ,he also talks about a canon!! that passes the bballs to him so he can keep on shooting alone all day and all night long, he sounds like a kid in a candyshop full of excitment but then it is a shock to the system playing in arenas like the Toyota Center or any Center around the league traveling in a ROCKETS owned jumbo staying in the best hotels with their own room each,wich is a far cry from Europe where players bunk in pairs, travel buisness class with commercial airlines sometimes even busses when distance allowing and the gyms they sometimes playing in are just that,highschool level Gyms,not adding the Euroleague into the mix..
    How is it possible to NOT feel like rockstars complete with entourage.....

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

Cool bruh, will rep when I'm on the pc. I enjoy reading about culture shocks of players new to the NBA.

17. baubo

baubo Member

He may feel like a kid right now, but in 2-3 months, he's going to be dead tired with the ridiculous 82 game schedule and realize there's a reason for the private jet and luxury hotels.

I hope when he hits the rookie wall, he'll push past it and get his 2nd wind.

18. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Morey: 'You are going to be a helluvan ASSET in the future!'

Thanks. I enjoyed reading BTW