1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Lin's playoff fg% is 36% and 3 point % is 20%.

2. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Member

A limited role? He played 30 minutes/game and hardly scored more than Beverley, who played 33 minutes/game with more assists. He had the 4th highest usage % on the team; he just drove to the basket a lot, got lost and kicked the ball out resulting in turnovers. Thrust into a role position? I don't even know what that means... You're the one who claimed that Lin was the 2nd best player on the team.

Lol at the quotes around 27 points. Harden's numbers were not deceptive, it's just that Rockets fans have expectations of him. When he is not performing up to his potential of course he will be criticized. He still performed much better than Lin is capable of performing. This discussion isn't about Harden.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

LMAO. Riiiiiiiight.

4. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

Besides, I'm a big Howard fan and would like him to do well. Still have a lot of respect for him for leaving the limelights to a smaller city to pursue a championship. And he always showed up in every playoff game unlike another star here. Too bad he's going to leave this team after he realizes it's hopeless in next year's playoffs.

5. Zboy

Zboy Member

[​IMG]

Yup.

Thats the kind of player you would have to give up a draft pick just to dump his ass on someone else. :)

Bluelampoon has been exposed and humiliated, as he has been all season long.

6. Danang78

Danang78 Member

After Nash/Randle/Kobe/then Young were out for the season, the Lakers were in full blown (stealth) tank mode. BS directives were to secure the pick, and he achieved his goal. Jeremy Lin was a wrench in his tank plan. He was trying to win games, when BS was trying to lose. What legitimate anti-tank team is gonna start Ronnie Price and Robert Sacre? To add, it's funny how the two games that Jeremy allowed to balled out was against Celtics (Laker's arch enemy) and Bucks (BS's ex team).

If you can't see that, then it truly was a "stealthy" tank mode.

7. Danang78

Danang78 Member

Rockets just came soooo close but choked, but hey...at least you have these videos to ease the pain.

8. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

The word 'choked' implies they had the talent to get there. With a superstar whose game depends 80% on ref calls, clueless coach, and no other ball-handler (remember they scapegoated & drove out the other one?), I don't think the team had the talent in the first place. Any team could have beat a Parson-less aging Mavs team that had Rondo drama flaring up.

9. Zboy

Zboy Member

Lakers not eager to re-sign Jeremy Lin.

They are letting a great talent walk away.

Why?

They want to tank of course!

But why do they need to tank?

To aquire a great talent!

[​IMG]

LOL.

Typical Lin worshippers logic.

When it comes to Jeremy Lin and his piss poor play, the excuses never end. :)

10. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Member

Haha. Lin fans would rather watch him flounder around on a bench for a glorified D-League team than follow a team that made it to the Western Conference Finals. Rockets fans are over last year's playoffs and generally happy with how this year played out.

Which fanbase is more disappointed? Lin fans because their idol will never come close to their expectations. Every game must hurt you guys as much as a playoff loss hurts Rockets fans.

The irony of calling Lin the "scapegoat" is that Lin fans have a scapegoat for every year of Lin's failure. Better players are scapegoats, the coaches are scapegoats, etc. That red bar for blueshampoo I think comes from the most important excuse for Lin's poor play: RACISM. It's always about racism with Lin fans.

#9150 bobloblaw, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  11. Danang78

Danang78 Member

Yep this statement is so true, and to those that say Harden didn't show up in the playoff, y'all are delusional.

And this year, it was also Jeremy Lin and those two instagram ladies.

Next year, it's ,Jeremy Lin, LOFs, the refs, video vixens, Mark Cubin snatching our players, and The Bilderberg Group.

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/a0763098.html

Houston, 4th largest in the country

Your trolling sucks balls, just like your idol Jerry.:rolleyes:

We have never had to find out, I wonder how many red dots does it take before the system automatically boots you? Keep trolling in here, we will find out.

13. Zboy

Zboy Member

As I have said many times, Lin has the dumbest fan base and danang and bluelampoon are perfect examples of it. :)

14. Danang78

Danang78 Member

Take a guess? The Rockets just lost and you're in a Jeremy Lin thread.

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The Lakers couldn't have.

And since when did Parsons mean so damn much?

Bev and Dmo > Parsons

16. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

Your same link shows LA as 2nd. Last time I checked, 2nd largest was larger than 4th largest. Typical uneducated Texas mindset. I just used your own link against you.

17. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Member

Take a guess on who bumped this thread.

Jeremy Lin left was dumped a season ago, the Rockets just made it to the Western Conference Finals and you're in a Rockets forum. Why are you here exactly?

18. Danang78

Danang78 Member

Fixed it for ya, you're welcome! ;)

19. Zboy

Zboy Member

He is a Rockets fan on a Rockets board and over the last few days has posted in several threads from different categories on this board, including this one.

You are a Jeremy Lin nut hugger posting only in a Jeremy Lin thread on a?.....Rockets board. Practically every single post from you has been in this thread and every single of your posts have been garbage.

Take a guess as to which one between you and him is the loser?

My god you Lin fans are dumb. The more you open your mouth, the more you humiliate yourself.

20. Danang78

Danang78 Member

Why the heck not?

I don't follow, did Lin leave or was he dumped? Don't matter. So the Rocket finally made it the prestigious, Western Conference Final (dang, this would be the perfect spot to insert the James Harden's "I'm going to Disney World" youtube video.)

Why am I in a Rockets forum, why the heck not?