1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Getting fired with no salary is completely different than being traded to a different city, sucking at the exact same job and making the same salary.

2. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

JLin will have his own pick and choose in free agency?:eek:

3. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

I don't think anyone will offer him a starting job, but he will definitely have choices as a backup. It is only the delusional anti-LOFs who claim otherwise.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Reading this ****ty thread makes me want JLin to play here again.

Is spite contagious?

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

GGG is a better basketball player than Lin

Jeremy he is good boy

6. YourSecretLover

Jeremy Lin is such a good basketball player

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

GGG is better

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Sorry, but Lin and his fans can take that "exciting playing style" and shove it where the sun don't shine. I personally despise high risk high reward players. Players, especially those in essential roles, must be consistent. If Lin wants to succeed long term in this league or even get consistent minutes, he has to offer consistency game in, game out. Personally, I never thought Lin would be an all-star to begin with. He had too many flaws and made too many idiot mistakes for the position he plays.

I am fine with having Lin back, even with his r****ded fans, if the price is right. Rockets victory takes priority over CF sanity. Currently, that's at $3-4M. With the predicted salary cap increase and players getting more money, I could even stomach $8M a year.

1) He was never fired. When you get fired, you don't get paid. You lose all your benefits from said company. A more accurate term would be "transfer" as Lin was simply moved to a different location and maintained his contract. The closest thing to firing in the NBA would be being waived or cut with a non-guaranteed contract.

2) Lin has made multiple comments that Houston was a lot better fit, suggesting that he thinks back to his days in Rocket's red. Now whether or not he is just reminiscing or pining to return, no one outside Lin really knows. For all the supposed injustices Lin went through as a Rocket though, he was much better off here playing a consistent 30 minutes off the bench on a contender than he has been through in Fakerland.

Lin will definitely have some choices of destination as a backup. He is still a legit backup IMO at the very least and there will always be a team willing to pick him up as such. As for starting in the NBA, Lin will most likely not get that chance again until he proves he actually deserves it.

1 person likes this.
  9. baubo

baubo Member

Lin with 25/6 in his team's win? That's awesome. Now if he does this for another 3 weeks, that would be just amazing. In fact, one may consider that absolutely insanity. Then the newspapers can dub it, "Linsanity!"

10. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

Reading the inbox of TRUTH can help LOL.

11. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Don't forget it is February. His team won after him scoring 25 pts.

12. calcium

calcium Member

Interesting numbers. There are pretty even, with Lin just slightly in front
    in the categories in the summary.

Though I cannot tell if those summary figures are adjusted cos if not,
    then PB is playing just over 5 mins more per game to get the same numbers.

But then PB is playing with a (very) ball dominant player so not get many
    opportunities.

We will find out more if/when Harden ever gets injured whether PB can fill in
    as well as Lin did.

13. mig0s

mig0s Member

2 posters said 'good game lin' = endure LOFs? Damn you must have issues

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So it took him an entire half of a season to finally have a good game

I bet laker fans are dancing in the streets now

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Wow..... speech less.... Let me know when you finished crawling from under your rock... :eek:

16. Tonnny

Tonnny Member

Really? The height of Linsanity drive the world crazy for a month, it's once in a life time phenomenon in Sports.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

I was talking about real basketball not idol worshipping based on race

James harden is having a mvp season, if you don't understand what that means then you don't know basketball

like the majority of lin fans, basketball is not important, it's fame

18. tinman

Supporting Member

If i wanted to relive how the world loved a great asian basketball player
    I would just pop in year of the Yao

Not weeks of the lin

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I am rooting for the Lakers to get on a mini hot streak and win some games. Why? Because of the hilarity that would ensue with the Lakers fans and probably with the front office and coaching staff.

The Lakers owe a top 5 protected 2015 pick to Philly (by the way of PHO)-- meaning that they lose that pick unless it is with the top 5. Currently, the Lakers have the 4th worst record in the NBA, this gives them roughly an 17% chance of losing that pick. If they drop to the 3rd worst record, the chance for them losing that pick becomes only 4%. However, if they win some games and own the 5th worst record, they will have a 45% chance for losing that pick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_draft_lottery

Right now, the Lakers have MIN, PHI and NYK with worse records than them. It's pretty hard to out-tank these guys, especially PHI and NYK. The Lakers are 3.5 games ahead of ORL, 5.5 ahead of SAC and 6 ahead of DEN, this gives them some cushion, but nothing a mini-streak couldn't bust up.

It's really headache time for the Lakers and their fans. Their players have no incentive to tank-- many of them are free agents playing for their next contract anyway, but their front office and coaches sure do.

20. boiler

boiler Member

One easy solution for the Lakers: buy him out. It's good for everyone.