1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It was indeed garbage time. Harden was out and the team let down because they felt the game was over as it had been well in hand since the middle of the first quarter. Then superstar Jeremy Lin started throwing himself into defenders to draw fouls and helped cut the lead from 20 to 12 in garbage time at which time Harden came back in to make sure they didn't get closer and they didn't.

2. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

To be fair, Lin isn't in a position to call ANY playing time "garbage time."

3. mig0s

mig0s Member

Lol this dumbass poss again after getting roasted every time. If Lin was black, he wouldve got a scholarship to Stanford and get drafted.

4. mig0s

mig0s Member

The amount of intelligence in Zboy's brain is ridiculuous lmao. Have you even finished highschool? Do you know how to read?
    Lin said he has to be aggressive so he is blaming himself for his inconsistency. He wasnt blaming anybody else he was just being humble. But its ok i dont expect someone without a highschool diploma to understand the complexity of what he said.

5. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

You did type out your post in a very manly way. Rep.

6. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

The difference is that ZBoy and King1 talk about Lin. When was the last time you posted a rebuttal that wasn't a personal attack? Stick to the topic.

Unless Jerry is that indefensible. If so...carry on?

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Sounds like he is complaining that expectation of him keeps changing

He is give a different role all the time

That's what's expected of role players. He is given a role and if he can't fill the shoes he is given a different role.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

It has been very rough 3 years for Lin worshipers. All that anger and frustration....

Folks, this is what happens when you live vicariously through a player that you cannot even call average at this point.

No one says "I want to be the astronaut that never gets sent to a flight mission" when they grow up.

When was the last time you heard a kid wish they grew up to be "the best singer in the showers"?

Then, why pick a crappy basketball player to live vicariously through? Why torture yourself and be put your mind and body through all that pain?

As for Lin, if only he showed the kind of anger and aggressiveness on the court, like his fans do on basketball forums, he might have fared better as a basketball player. I am using might simply because you still need to channel all that negative energy in a positive way, but that would have been a good start.

#6348 Zboy, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This is the attitude Lin needs to succeed.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Lets start with the Rockets:

His role on the Rockets was very well defined. His first year was as a starter and ws allowed to play as you would expect a PG to play. He didnt fare well. His weaknesses were obvious and McHale gave him the role of being a spark off the bench for the second year.

The only thing inconsistent was his wildly inconsistent play on the court.

Two years!!! Not some handful games.

Lakers:

Exact same scenario on the Lakers but in the span of half a season. Byron let him play as a starting PG and once it was obvious to him that he cannot control the game and tempo and was too inconsistent, he tried using him as a spark of the bench, which didnt work either.

Once again, he has been incrediblly inconsistent.

11. roidrage

roidrage Member

Line is below average I really wish we never signed him because of all his r****ded fans

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

#6352 Zboy, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  13. VanityHalfBlack

[​IMG]

14. VanityHalfBlack

15. CometsWin

What is it that compels you to personally attack people who post about Jeremy Lin? I mean how long do you think it will take to bore yourself with high school diploma and mom's basement quips? Everyone is beginning to think you use these quips because of your own experiences not graduating high school and living in your mom's basement. It's okay, you can share here. No judgement.

16. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

It's time for the Lakers to turn to Jeremy Lin

By: Adi Joseph 2 hours ago

[rQUOTEr]The Los Angeles Lakers have entered the post-Kobe Bryant part of the schedule again this season, as the All-Star shooting guard prepares for shoulder surgery that likely will end his season. Yet they still have 37 games to play.

Leave it to Nick Young to present an easy solution, the one you’d expect Nick Young to suggest: Nick Young. He’s an easy option, a player popular enough to make all the losing tenable enough for fans who can look forward to a top-five draft pick. (The Lakers owe their 2015 first-rounder to the Phoenix Suns if it falls out of the top five, but they are building a good lead on the fourth-worst record in the NBA.)

Then there’s the other option for replacement-star, the one whose fan base dwarfs even the “Swaggy P” hordes and who has shown magic in a lead role in the past. There’s Jeremy Lin.

more...[/rQUOTEr]

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did Clutch change the rating system? 2 stars was Jeremy Lin , now it's DMo

And 1 star is Terence Jones

Clutch byron-scotted Lin status!! hahahaha

18. CometsWin

That might be the case but I was speaking more from the Rockets perspective and their loss of focus. Good point though.

19. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Many posters here might not be Lin fans but they are certain Linsanity fans, if you know what I mean.

20. mig0s

mig0s Member

At the beginning i was just a regular Lin supporter. When he played good i praised him, when he sucked i called him out. But if you read back in this thread (you shouldnt because theres nothing there besides one or two LOFs that are now gone against Linman, king1 and Gayboy), the LOHs (these 3 same guys, along with downbytheriver who i doubt is mentally sane) started with the personal attacks because they ran out of arguments to piss off the lin supporters. Im just playing their game because they started with the personal attacks. Its funny because i find them extremely responsive and hurt lmao. They think they are pissing off LOFs but the reality is there is no more LOFs on CF. Why should they be here anyways? He's not a rocket anymore. But like i said, IQ is not something LOHs have.