1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. andersongo

andersongo Member

I did not visit CF for two months and in the meantime the following has happened:

(1) McSuccess got an extension (LMAO)
    (2) Morey finally got his third star in the person of...Josh Smith, a team cancer that got paid to stay away from his last team.

and...

(3) This troll thread somehow managed to reach 272 pages due to the dedication of real rockets fans.

2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Irate. I hate winning money.

You have the intelligence of a fire hydrant

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Wo! It's clear now. Scott is part of the Lakers tank plan. And Lin is his right hand man.

4. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Let me get this straight, poster here are upset with Lin because he was in real-time following orders from his coach, the dude who has 100% control over how many minutes he plays?

5. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Lin was in a tough spot and he obviously wanted to foul (hence asking Scott three times whether he should foul or not), which would have been the right thing to do. Scott kept said don't foul.
    Had Lin fouled and something went wrong and they still lost, people here would still be b****in at him guaranteed

You can play Mr. arm chair basketball star all you want but it isn't easy for a bench player like Lin to go against his coach's wishes.

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

7. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Byron should've been yelling at Kobe for not following orders, that guy is literally Kobe's b**** and of course it was stupid but you can't fault Lin for not fouling. Not putting pressure on Conley was pretty dumb though.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The only way Byron's decision could be understood is that he thought the Grizzlies could go up 3 points again and then foul immediately after the Lakers' timeout. And he would have wasted a timeout.

I think it was a dumb thing to do. They should at least see the free throw outcome and call a timeout to talk over their options.

LOL @ the Lin haters for blaming him on following the coach's instruction. Haterade at its best.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Lin was in a tough position. His pathetic coach told him to do something stupid and he followed orders. Can't put the blame on him this time.

Byron Scott's explanation on saving timeouts is one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard. Truly staggering. Because it's the Lakers, I love it! :grin:

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

How's that different from waiting to foul though? It's the same thing.

-> Waiting to foul Conley with 10 secs left

-> Fouling Conley, the calling a time out.

There's no difference between the two strategies, I fail to see why waiting to foul Conley vs fouling Conley immediately has any difference, in fact you can argue fouling Conley immediately and then waiting uses up a time out, whereas waiting a bit before fouling doesn't.

I'm not saying I'm an advocate of this plan btw, too many things can go wrong. However I can certainly see some merit to it if that was the plan.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The difference is between letting the opponent control the ball and letting yourselves control the ball while waiting. Like I said in my previous post, the only possible downside for fouling immediately would be if the Grizzlies made the two FTs and fouled them immediately after they called timeout.

It was a dumb thinking process because Scott was assuming two things: (1) Conley would make both FT, and (2) the Grizzlies would foul after the timeout. He should wait till after the FTs to decide whether he wanted to run down the clock.

12. King1

Lol at anyone over the age of twelve using the word "hater" or form of it

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lol @ all you guys in here still fighting the fight! bunch of losers

i love seeing the lakers struggle!!! hahahahahahaha

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You can see who post the most in this thread. That's right. Not the LOFs.

15. King1

18k posts since 2007 and calls people losers. I assume you don't have a mirror (or woman who isn't related to you) in your home.

Let's not forget you are also following this thread. Back to the bench little fella'

#5455 King1, Jan 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  16. VanityHalfBlack

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lHDro7GkbPs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. King1

You obviously don't have a handle on grammar. Maybe you could invest your time more wisely?

I just laugh at you white knights who will fall on the sword for poor, oppressed Eremy (no J and if he had a D in his name we'd take that too).

At the end of the day your hero sucks. Cry about it more

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lol i dont follow nothing i come in here anytime the lakers suck ass and laugh at you fools obsession over one player. i posted maybe 5 times in this long ass thread. i ain't the one with the second all-time leading post in this thread. you are just as in love with lin as his fans, face the facts.

19. King1

Keep telling yourself that

20. King1

Can toss Angkor Wat Rosetta Stone or a hooked on phonics program for Christmas? It would be a nice gesture