1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. CrashTheBoards

lol, I stopped watching that game after the 2nd quarter. I have never done such a thing in my life, and I don't care if you think I am less of a fan because of it. I left the house and did something productive. The Rockets effort simply was not there tonight. Why should I watch another half of that crap? They did not try at all. I heard McHale pulled out the starters 2 minutes into the second half so I am guessing I didn't miss much.

My guess is you are a fan of Lin as well as the Rockets, because the Rockets losing has nothing to do with Lin screwing up on the last play of the game, like always.

2. archinkent

archinkent Member

Sorry but I agree with Kobe on this. You have to foul early.

Byron Scott is similar to Mchale, you can't really trust them down the stretch.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

yeah, actually I thought about it too, it doesn't make anysense

I mean if he was so afraid to use his timeouts he can just let his own player run down the clock at the end, it's not like the Grizzlies are gonna run up and foul the Lakers.

4. rockpileindisma

What's the point of tanking and holding onto Kobe?

5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

facts are facts, why should he wait, he should be smart enough to get the foul, this is exactly why Kobe said he needs to be more aggressive

he is an average player with a massive fanbase

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kobe is the only one with a brain here.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

You are a real Rockets fan, I confirm it. 99er approved.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

As far as I know the right thing is to listen to your coach. Regardless of what Kobe thought was right or wrong, you can't put a teammate in that situation, as the franchise player. Kobe does what he wants because he's the franchise, but the role guys have to answer to the coach. Why would you make a player decide who to obey? Put yourself out there first instead of embarrassing your point guard just to show you're a great player.

The smart thing for an average player to do is listen to the coach. Otherwise, he's going to be glued to the bench

#5428 RV6, Jan 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

Tell them how you REALLY FEEL, KOBE!!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Has Kobe told Lin that? &quot;Yeah but I'm not telling him anymore. You have to live it and do it.&quot;</p>&mdash; Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/551265685788450816">January 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kobe on Lin: &quot;He just needs to relax. Sometimes smart people take themselves too seriously.&quot;</p>&mdash; Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/551265495916482560">January 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yeah. Scott gave Lin completely idiotic instructions and Lin followed them exactly like an idiot. Two idiots just being idiots.

11. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

12. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Lol the haters are ridiculous. If your boss tells you to do something, you do what your boss tells you to do regardless of what you think about it.

The stupidity is on Byron Scott and him alone.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Actually it makes a bit of sense. It's much easier to score right out of the time out, so if the Lakers have a well designed play they can go right out of the gate and blitz the opposing team (like what happened to Houston vs Portland). On the other hand if they wait out the shotclock to ensure the last shot of the game, it gives the opponent time to set up their defense-people can get into position and whatnot so the ideal plan is to shave secs of the shot clock and then foul. Basically it's an all-in strategy, you bet it all on the final possession but in return that final possession is easier than if you waited out the clock.

Maybe Scott is at fault for not explaining his play properly, if he told his player to foul after ~5-10 secs just run out the clock a bit there'd be no trouble.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If that was the plan, they can still foul Conley with 20 second left. They get the ball back, dribble it up court, wait until there are 8 seconds left on the game clock or whenever they want and then call a time out and run their "well designed play" out of that timeout. Scott has 2 timeouts left-- more than enough to exectute this strategy.

15. rockpileindisma

Seems like if Kobe felt he should foul he could have done it without public ally b****ing at Lin. Just not a very good look

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Errr... no. This isn't junior high school basketball. When my boss tells me to do something stupid I ask him why because I actually use my brain unlike Mr Harvard over there.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

do you know how basketball works? that was Lin's man with the ball.

18. rockpileindisma

Easy bud I know a lot of people have to walk on eggshells in here in the whole Lin/Kobe deal because a lot of you have your panties in a wad. All I was saying is It's not a good look to have your players b****ing and moaning at each other all the time. Once again my bad for getting mixed up in your little girl fight

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Kobe wants to the win the game, he's yelling at Lin to do the correct basketball play. This is not even a debate.

Lin has a history of not knowing what to do for end of game situations.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vh_wLpQjh6k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

Lol what? Are you saying you're hakka/aborigine? If not, then you're Chinese, derp.

Saying "I'm Taiwanese" is acceptable if someone asks you if you're from China. But your ethnicity (unless, again, you've got some significant amount of native blood in you - which again is still mostly Chinese in origin) is Chinese.

Yeah, I get it, Taiwanese pride etc etc and don't want to associate with mainlanders. Whatever. You could just as easily say "don't lump in Cantonese people with Chinese" or "Don't lump in people from Hong Kong with Chinese." It doesn't make you not chinese.