1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

That you enjoy your own logic is amusing. Good job, good effort.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

CometsWin doesn't hate Asians, he hates Fake Rockets Fans.

3. CometsWin

Snoopy's constant tears could fill the Atlantic Ocean. Never seen someone break down emotionally in such an embarrassing way. Feel bad for the kid.

I do find it amusing that two self-described Asians are huge Lin defenders calling ereyone ELSE racists. What is your obsession with the defense of this mediocre point guard? Of all the mediocre point guards, you choose Jeremy Lin to defend here. So odd, I wonder why that might be... I mean if I could only put a finger on what you have in common. I'll think about it some.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

Amen brother.

We must unite like Glen and Rick and destroy these walkers.

seriously, what's the difference between the walkers and the LOF? they are all mindless zombies.

The LOF are just walkers who discovered the internet.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

Anyone who loves Clutch City is by definition not a racist.

Linsanity, on the other hand, has created lots of racism accusations .

I know for certain, all real Rockets fans of all races love Hakeem Olajuwon and Vernon Maxwell, because they transcend religion, country and race.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

Snoopy should change his name to Linus.

7. hollywoodMarine

Wait, so you guys are seriously condoning that kind of behavior? Regardless how annoying LOF's are don't you think there classier ways of putting them in their place?

8. tinman

Supporting Member

The LOFs came to Clutchfans and accused everybody of being racists towards Asians and then started insulting the state of Texas and the city of Houston.

The worst part is they insulted Clutch, the founder of our great site, who is like the Hakeem Olajuwon of our site.

I don't condone racism. But in my heart, I know all real Rockets fans who love Hakeem Olajuwon and Vernon Maxwell are not racist.

This is based on fans here who love Clutch City. On the other hand, fans who come here solely to speak about Lin, I don't know what their motif is.

I think people who don't love the Rockets and come here are inherit enemies of all mankind.

9. CometsWin

More like Charlie Brown. Aaaaaauuuuuugh!!!!

10. tinman

Supporting Member

No he's Peppermint Patty

11. mig0s

mig0s Member

Because this is a Jeremy Lin thread?

Imagine if you are a white American, and you have been living in China your whole life, and the most popular sport in China is pingpong, and pingpong is your favorite sport.

Since you were a kid, you watch every ping pong match and every year a Chinese guy would win the championship and all this close competitors are all Chinese. One day, an unheard of White, American kid shows up in a tournament full of Chinese people and plays fairly well. Wouldn't you support him?

12. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Linman, Ling1, and CometsLin shouldn't be put on the same statement as class.

You're just wasting your time.

13. hollywoodMarine

LOF's have done some really messed up stuff. I remember once they made fake accounts on Houston chronicle to make some respectable posters here look racists. That was seriously messed up, and that's just one example. I totally understand why you and other long time posters here who have invested a lot in lot into this community have taken it very personally. I'm not pretending like I have a feeling of the true extent of damage they have done here, because I haven't been here nearly as long and so I am not nearly as emotionally invested in this community as you guys. But I do try to understand that even as an outsider.

That said, most of that plague is gone. There are now some respectable posters here that genuinely like Lin who want to simply discuss his progress without trying to incite another LOF war. A lot of them still end up being targeted without having done anything wrong. LOF's are easy to spot. They say bad things about the rockets, and they think Lin is the next Chris Paul. Yeah those guys need to be banned entirely from this forum. They need to be put in their place. But resorting to racial disparagement is kind like throwing a grenade into a room full of innocent people in order to kill a couple terrorists. That's not necessary. I would guess that Yao Ming and glen would agree with what I'm saying.

(For the record of course I don't agree with snoopy making racial remarks as retaliation.)

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That sketch is just as much making fun of black people and corny white people.
    Its satire man.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

I agree with you. Except that snoopy is on this thread because he likes to talk about me. He's a tinman follower.

We should move ahead and talk about lin's basketball performance and of course, the walking dead.

16. downbytheriver

LMAO! Hilarious! Of course I liked nutty professor and Dirt as well, so I'm racist towards black, white AND asian people!!

you're kind of like radical muslims who want to kill everyone who draws a cartoon of their prophet. there are a ton of other religions that don't seem to care.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

That was Forrest gump dude. Try making an original analogy.

18. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Dude is from nairobi kenya. Where as i have lived here my whole life. I don't have disdain for black players the way some black posters here have for asian players. CometsWin used to sing the same exact tune he is singing now about yao ming. "Yao ming lovers" and "Yao Overrated". If people like ftw rockets ftw can't adjust in amixed society, they should go back.

19. downbytheriver

Are you saying if he doesn't shut up, you'll b**** slap him back to Africa?

20. CometsWin

You're just trying to have it both ways by supporting him because he's Asian and calling his detractors racists because he's Asian. Many of you seem completely oblivious to how stupid and hypocritical it looks.

The display of feigned outrage towards Lin's coaches, teammates, media, and even Rockets fans as racists has been preposterous. Nobody wanted Lin to succeed more than the fans here. When we signed Lin I actually sent Morey a congratulatory tweet despite the fact I'm allegedly a racist. Your collective inability to objectively judge Lin's play isn't someone else's fault. Lin fans burned all bridges with their behavior and this is the result. Some of it has gotten racial unfortunately with Lin's detractors but that racial stuff has always been strong with his supporters. You'd have to be blind and stupid not to see a significant number of his supporters are Asian.

Frankly, I'm over it. This thread is just entertainment at this point. I like Lin, he's a good guy but I don't like his game and he may have the worst bball IQ I've ever seen on the Rockets. I'm glad he's gone. I wish more of the mediocre point guard's fanatics would have left with him. They can go accuse Byron Scott and Jennie Buss of being racists.