1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Zboy is a big Lin fan since he watches all his games.

2. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

What will that do besides him getting benched all over again

3. jayland

jayland Member

Nonsense. We wouldn't take him even if he offered his services for free. :mad:

4. mig0s

mig0s Member

lol @these fake rockets fans...

Lin off the bench >>>>>>>>>>>> Canaan off the bench.

5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I'd prefer Canaan on this team easily. He has performed well while lin **** the bed for two seasons and had to be benched for his pathetic ineptitude.

You may want to look in the mirror when calling a few of these people fake fans as you're rooting for Lin to do well on one of our rivals.

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Feel bad for an avg PG making $15M?

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sitting on the bench isn't bad in Los angeles. Lin can talk to Rihanna or jack Nicholson or any famous person in the 4th quarter.

In Houston there's not much celebrities except sports people.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Canaan is playing well and he's developing a great speed. lin had plenty of playing time. He's not going to get much better.

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Really?

Canaan, at a fraction of the cost, does the 2 things we ask of our PGs better than Lin does. Hit 3s and don't turn it over.

Lin is currently the better overall player, but I'd disagree that Lin would be better for this team.

10. LosRockets2011

LosRockets2011 Contributing Member

Canaan>Lin all day everyday!

11. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

LOL I guess according to you Jer Lin stat padded all season then:rolleyes:

51.1% FG in last 10 games.

[​IMG]
    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4299/jeremy-lin

12. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

lol.... lmao @ loser haters who watch more games than I do (a Lin supporter)

13. downbytheriver

Wowww

12.5 ppg and 5 apg as the 2nd option on the worst team in the league. 3-13 record. Does context mean any thing to you? And even if you were to say he's a role player, a role player consistently makes good decisions in the 4th. Not for the other team. That's why I don't think there's a future for him in the league, because he's as heady as Jr smith but not as explosive, and definitely not who you want with the ball in th e 4th.

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Here is something interesting to think about....

The two times that Lin has met Beverley this season, he has been absolutely annihilated by Beverley. This is not even open for debate. Beverley clearly showed he is the better player.

You could tell by Lin's body language that he did not even want to be on the court playing against Bev.

It is pretty obvious why. Beverley plays in your face for every minute he is on the court while Lin hates being pressured and that is when he is most accident prone.

So here is a question for you irrational and delusional Lin fans.....

If you are McHale and you see Lin getting dominated by Beverley in practice, what do you do?

Do you keep Lin as a starter or do you do reward Patrick Beverley by benching Lin?

Any coach would do exactly what McHale did. That was a Captain Obvious decision.

If you guys have even an iota of self-respect, y'all should be lining up to apologize to McHale.

#3654 Zboy, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  15. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Lin had so many chances to prove that hes worth the $15 mil but failed and ended up becoming a bench player. Its to early to judge Canaan and he needs time to develope.

16. mig0s

mig0s Member

Our Rivals? Lakers are last in the conference they are not making the playoffs, they are a insignificant team so I don't give a **** if Lin does well with the Lakers. Only delusional/low IQ/stupid people think that Canaan is better than Lin. I understand he made a few mistakes in the playoffs last year but get over it, everybody makes mistakes and it could happen to anyone. It is not true that he **** for 2 seasons. He did not play up to his contract (the contract Rockets gave before getting Harden, or else Mauri would never gave him that big of a contract) but he did ok playing as the 3rd or 4th option (behind Harden, Parsons, Dwight).

A true Rockets fan got over the fact that LOFs are gone and would wish an ex-player to play well for their team. I did with Scola, Landry, Chuckwagon, Patpat etc and I'll do the same with Lin.

I did not put cost into consideration because I was replying to someone that said if Lin was to come back next year with a small contract.

17. bongman

bongman Member

Really? I guess nobody should feel bad for anybody who has money right? They don't have big dreams like us nor do they want to do well in their job.

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The root of the problem is that it is impossible to accurately gauge offensive productivity of any player with Kobe as teammate. Unless it is a big like Pau, and Kobe even managed to smother him. I feel sure Lin is heading towards a nice $5M/year contract this off season. Best to him.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

People who miss Jeremy Lin on the Rockets are the same people who miss Scottie Pippen on the Rockets

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Hold up,

why are people feeling sorry for an NBA player again?

Because his team is one of the worst in the league and people in their minds think that he's not contributing to the bad record?

Why are you comparing NBA players to us? we are not NBA players, we aren't millionaires paid to play a game

Nobody should ever feel bad for Jeremy Lin, maybe if he gets Ebola you can feel bad for him or if his puppy got lost

but for anything else, no. the only people you should feel sorry for is Lakers fans who have watched better basketball in the past and pay hard money to see dudes do jump passes to the other team.