1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

the portland's series was pretty damn far from being just Lin's fault.

I can name 5 things that was more to blame than Lin's stupid ass mistakes down the stretch

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The NWO?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LuMtcBJWxo8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

My post was more directed at TheMystery008 and you had replied before I got submitted mine.

I agree with your statements. Lin made some costly mistakes in the series and his BBIQ is questionable. I just find it funny that in a team game, many people solely blame one player for the loss of a game, or the loss of a 6-game series. It's a team game that everyone contributes towards the win or the loss. Plenty of blame to go around for why we lost to Portland.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Bill Buckner agrees with you. Of course Bill Buckner is Asian so there's that. :eek:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/18caPNisP2U?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vh_wLpQjh6k?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. archinkent

archinkent Member

You do realise this happened in game 5, when he scored 21 and we won, right? ;)

6. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Love is everywhere...especially in the NBA Dish. :p

7. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

But the Lakers have been going with Princeton which is not PG-favoured(Look how Rubio was limited by Adelman). And the Sun is running PnRs/fastbreak all the time.

8. SunsRocketsfan

Im in San Diego so I get every Laker game. Trust me the Lakers are not running the Priceton. . they are running Kobe " GIVE ME THE DAMN BALL" and everyone move out of the way ISO. Scott has no offense and his highly touted defense has the Lakers ranked last in that dept. The team is a mess and I'm enjoying every minute of it :)

9. mig0s

mig0s Member

It's called the Kobeton offense

10. Neped

Neped Member

Yea, Kobe pretty much runs the show. Scott just watches with his arms crossed while Kobe bricks every thing in crunch time. The Lakers are a joke and boring to watch.

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

started well and Kobe hasn't taken a shot yet

12. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

What a scrub, shot the 3 ball and missed by a foot.

Only 8 point 3 asts so far.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Playing well against the Grizz right now.

DD

14. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Other than what you have mentioned, it's either Princeton or Triangle with a couple of hi-PNRs run by Lin.

15. archinkent

archinkent Member

So-so game by Lin. Played well in the first half, but disappeared in the second. Miss a crucial FT and fouled unnecessary at the end.

But good to see his numbers are consistent though.

16. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

RIP to this Lakers writer's twitter mentions:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jeremy Lin fans asking he was benched in 4th quarter...um, he was &quot;guarding&quot; Zach LaVine when he went off. Defense would be my &quot;guess&quot;</p>&mdash; Shahan Ahmed (@shahanLA) <a href="https://twitter.com/shahanLA/status/538585377712250880">November 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Rox11

Rox11 Member

He got eaten up

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Actually it was more than that.

With about 4 minutes left in the game he had a series of classical "Jeremy Lin" moments where he drove inside the lane, jumped in the air with nowhere to go, and turned the ball over back-2-back.

Byron Scott benched him and didnt play him after that.

To be fair to Byron, he has been pretty forgiving of Lin's mistakes so far. In the past, I have seen him bring Lin in with about 5 mins left in the game even though he had been horrid the entire game.

19. mig0s

mig0s Member

did you watch the game? He had 2 TO in the first half and one in the second half. Lavine scored a lot against Laker's bench. Lin was doing ok against him 1 on 1, even got a block and steal. But the Lakers switching and transition defense is just too bad.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mo Williams played in the game, Scott was scared that Lin would repeat his famous playoff moment