1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

ofc, i said familiar not like and like. So excited for Golovkin/Geale this sat sunday omgomgomg

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I hope this ish doesn't continue. I genuinely wanted to follow the progress of Lin's career. Besides the Rockets, I'm a huge fan of the NBA and this is an intriguing story. Get a grip, guys

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Yep I misread. My bad. I'm really pumped for it too.

4. King1

Honestly (and I say this as someone who has obviously actively participated in the back and forth plenty) it would be better for the board if Lin talk was just banned altogether. It's not going to change at all. His time here has left such a bad stain on this board (by far the worst I've seen since I've been here) that it's insurmountable. If he does well you will have Lin's fan base saying "I 'told you so" and the same will hold true when he struggles. Not to mention him going to twitter turned a lot of people who were indifferent towards him (weren't happy with his play here but liked him because of the good person he was off the court) against him and he went to the Lakers who is a team Rockets fans dislike.

I'll be completely honest, I hope both Lin and Parsons have the worst seasons of their careers. I'm not rooting for either to succeed and hope both Dallas and LA miss the Playoffs (even though I know it's highly unlikely in the Mavs case and virtual certainty with LA)

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

I've never been someone to read other forums... But it's pretty funny over there. The mods have declared Martial law.

6. King1

That's hilarious. Glad to hear the Lin groupies are getting run off before the season starts.

7. supdudes

supdudes Member

Press conference is this morning.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

From Lin's instagram:

[​IMG]

9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

They put Lin in a corner. Lol

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The number of posters registered July 2014 is pretty funny. Wait until the season starts and they start in on Kobe ball jogging and how the coach is using him wrong. It will be entertaining.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Will they have a coach by then?

12. shastarocket

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;I feel the least pressure on my shoulders than I ever have,&quot; Jeremy Lin</p>&mdash; AdamWexlerCSN (@awexler) <a href="https://twitter.com/awexler/statuses/492375960830738433">July 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Is he serious?

13. downbytheriver

He just finished his intro press conference - took passive aggressive shots at the rockets then went on about how mentally tough he is. He comes off as an embarrassment propped up by a strong legion of delusional Asian fanvoys-there's a reason he's mocked around the league.

14. mig0s

mig0s Member

Last year he was in a championship caliber team (yes we were) and this year he plays for the Lakers.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

No we weren't. Not with one of the worst coaches in the NBA, the clueless, incompetent joke that is McHale.

16. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

If that doesn't happen after 10 games, make sure to take it upon yourself - go there to stir up the pot and drop one of those bombs like "Lin is the second coming MJ".

17. shastarocket

If anything, he is under MORE scrutiny by playing for the Lakers. Don't forget, this is his contract year and he no longer has to deal with Mchale + others.

18. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

Answer this question truthfully: why did you open this thread?

19. Terry Teagle

Terry Teagle Member

The fact that Houston fans are going to Laker boards looking for ammunition to belittle Lin or his fans is embarrassing. For all the smart people on CF, there are a bunch of losers as well.

20. Entropy

Entropy Member

Last year we weren't even 2nd round caliber, much less championship.