1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Spot on. The only times I will be watching the Lakers play this year will be against us or if I have a bet on the game. I would rather not see Jeremy lin play in all honesty. The two years here were enough

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kobe said he talked to Lin on the bench &amp; said &quot;you got to run the offense. I'm telling you to run the offense &amp; you got to do it.&quot;(on TWC)</p>&mdash; Serena Winters (@SerenaWinters) <a href="https://twitter.com/SerenaWinters/status/527684343674576897">October 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And LOF's didn't like him having to deal with Harden...

3. Throttle

Throttle Member

he was never the same after his leg injury imo... that crazy streak he posted probably contributed to it & it was to prevent him getting cut from the knicks so he had alot to prove.

Now he plays to last longer & has nothing to prove... & hes looking like a below avg player...

4. King1

Reading them say how Kobe would be a great mentor for Lin and how well they were getting along was pure comedy.

5. King1

Personally, I just think this is who he is as a player. The book on him is out. Teams know his strengths and weaknesses and he just isn't well prepared mentally on the court. He definitely lacks confidence though and playing along side Kobe is only going to make that worse. Not sure why anyone thought the Lakers were a good fit for him.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This. He is at his ceiling. Don't give me this crap of him being only 26. The dude spent 4 years in college and is now a 4 season pro and has shown nothing to suggest he is going to improve much if any.

The only thing the dude does well right now is drive to the rim. That's his biggest strength. Take that away and he looks like a borderline scrub like in these last two games.

7. mingthething

mingthething Member

good fit as in a team with tanking aspirations and ample opportunity to be starting PG? Yeah, that's a good fit. Lin doesn't have to pull any heroics. Just put in some solid performances, show good BBall sense and spirit, ability to coordinate offense of 2nd unit, and hope that come next summer, a contender picks him for their bench at a lower contract, say.... 5mil a year. BTW guys, what's the crop forecast on point guards for the next draft?

8. nono

nono Member

If I was making $15m I'd at least have the conscience to take more than 5 shots in a game. I mean, apart from Kobe and Boozer the rest of the guys he's playing with are D-League players and he still does not feel bothered enough to actually do anything on the court. Lin's salary is daylight robbery. If he continues like this he is going to go the way of Tebow where he might not even be in the league next year. That will make me sad, because he seems like a nice guy.

9. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I've been here a long time. Don't read the GARM much because overall there is too much noise to filter out. Certainly the Lin thing brought it to another level.

But he's gone. The Lin fans are gone. And yet this thread is going incredibly strong with people still complaining about him and them. Am I the only sane one seeing the problem now? It's like the rest of the internet with people who want something to rail against even if nothing is there. It's sad and pathetic from my POV.

Really the one player who deserves some vitriol is Asik because he legitimately didn't want to be here. Lin got traded, Parsons took an offer he couldn't refuse as a FA. And yet Asik get's away scot free.

Personally I don't hold any grudge against any of them. I'm most interested to see the Asik/Davis combo most of all.

2 people like this.
  10. Throttle

Throttle Member

Spot on. Asik was part of a championship run building block. For him to leave id say was a calculated risk coz the brow can really elevate the pelicans the next couple of years. who knows asik may return to the rox if things dont pan out in the pels lol.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I never felt Lin or his followers fit the personality or culture of Clutch City.
    For example, if Lin was in Vegas with me and you, he wouldn't want to let loose and have fun. However, Harden would definitely hang with us!

12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

This is the way I feel about the young man.

Life is to damn short!

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Roc Paint,
    have you meet any of the Rockets old school or new?

1 person likes this.
  14. Roc Paint

Where do I start?

Of course I have tinman... I ran strip clubs for 25 years! I've got stories on at least a dozen of my friends/Rocket players.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

What! you me and 99er Kim need to hang out sometime

16. TheresTheDagger

If you think calling someone igornant is an "insult" then perhaps you should look up the definition of ignorant. It wasn't me being "brave". It was me being accurate. You yourself said you don't know the history of clutchfans since you only signed up in August.

Secondly, despite you not "recalling" Parson's saying the city was dirty...he said it. Now, if that had been the only thing he did that was questionable, maybe it would be easier to overlook. But he also signed a contract with Cuban on the first day possible, in a nightclub and took that douche picture which put Houston in a very tight position. Then, after the Rockets refused to match the salary, he says he's "Insulted". I guess the fact that the Rockets drafted him, gave him a platform to show what he could do, made him a starter, and let him out of his contract early so he could sign that monster contract was conveniently forgotten by him. Then he gets insulted because Harden (correctly) called him a role player. We consider it insulting that he would be such a d-bag after 3 years of service here.

As far as hating Lin....95% of clutchfans doesn't hate Lin. Just his fans. And lets face it...Jeremy doesn't read this, only his few leftover fans here and those that had to suffer through their stupidity for 2+ years. You weren't here then. And since you weren't, maybe you should shut up about whether people should be upset or not or comment on Lin or not.

Or perhaps take your own advice. You seem just as crazy as anybody else hating on folks here on Clutchfans for what they post as anyone else.

Physician. Heal thyself.

1 person likes this.
  17. Roc Paint

I've got great stories on athletes across the board. My favorite one was when Lamar Odom came over to my house after the Lakers won their second championship with Shaquille and Kobe.
    It started at a club in Century City and lasted till the wee hours of the morning.

Two weeks later he got busted for smoking weed. I laughed my ass off!

1 person likes this.
  18. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

You obviously didn't watch the last two Lakers games. Shot clock expiring gave Kobe even more reasons to jacks up shots. He wouldn't pass the ball, period.

Can't blame him, most of his teammates are scrubs, and Boozer and Lin play like scrubs, but it is even more difficult for them to get any kind of rhythm when Kobe go 1 on 5 and everyone just standing around.

I am done watching Laker basketball for this season. MDA at least make the game entertaining but this basketball is down right ugly.

19. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

It's Harden and McHale's fault.

20. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

I actually see this as a positive for Lin...it signals to the rest of the team that they need to pay attention when Lin calls plays and wants to start the offense. Too many guys were standing around so much that Lin actually had to stomp his foot and shout at Boozer and Hill in the 3rd quarter to get them to listen.