1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

What's the over/under on number of games before Ronnie Price is named the starter?

2. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Ronnie Price is also bad. Lin is better, but Price should be starting. Lin has looked lost playing next to Kobe and the starters.

3. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

The funny part is going to rest on the fact that there's only 1 year left on his contract. If he doesn't get resigned to the Lakers, they'll migrate to another forum and do the same thing for the fourth time as soon as next year lol. It'll be funny watching them move like a swarm from team to team.

4. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kobe said he talked to Lin on the bench &amp; said &quot;you got to run the offense. I'm telling you to run the offense &amp; you got to do it.&quot;(on TWC)</p>&mdash; Serena Winters (@SerenaWinters) <a href="https://twitter.com/SerenaWinters/status/527684343674576897">October 30, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kobe on Jeremy Lin: &quot;I want it to be his role to orchestrate the offense.&quot; (on TWC)</p>&mdash; Serena Winters (@SerenaWinters) <a href="https://twitter.com/SerenaWinters/status/527684019379396608">October 30, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. jayland

jayland Member

At this rate the Lakers will be the worse team in the NBA and Kobe will be closing in as the all time scoring leader. Next year the Lakers will have a new top 3 draft pick and Lin will be playing ball somewhere in China or Taiwan.

6. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

Kobe doesn't even pretend that he's not the head coach. I thought I would enjoy seeing them get their azz kicked every night on League Pass but it's really depressing. I don't see how they will get to 20 wins playing in the West.

7. Penetrate&Creat

Lin needs to play off the bench. He's clearly better with the 2nd unit. Boozer is completely utter chit, and Kobe pretty much needs the ball at all times.

8. mig0s

mig0s Member

cant really run the offense when all Kobe does is ISO and chuck up contested shots lol

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Went to Harvard.

Cant understand Princeton offense.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kobe said he talked to Lin on the bench &amp; said &quot;you got to run the offense. I'm telling you to run the offense &amp; you got to do it.&quot;(on TWC)</p>&mdash; Serena Winters (@SerenaWinters) <a href="https://twitter.com/SerenaWinters/status/527684343674576897">October 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. NotChandlerParsons

And by orchestrating the offense, I mean pass the ball to me and get the hell out the way.

11. theangrycanary

lmao.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Exactly! Lol

Kobe is going to off a teammate by the end of the season, all Ivan Drago style. If he dies, he dies.

13. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Kobe on pace to surpass Jordan in all time points if he stays healthy which i doubt.

Lakers basketball is simple, Kobe ISO.

14. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Who cares, Lin is what he is, a marginal starter at best right now, I don't have anything against the kid, I mean, he's very likeable so it's such a shame his crazy fans have to put a target on his back. I wouldn't be surprised if Lin finishes the year averaging around 15 and 7, but at the end of the day he's nothing special, he's aight.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Lin should just shoot every time he gets the ball, what does he gotta lose anyway

Kobe is going for that scoring record, everyone else is a scrub.

I wonder how Lin fans feel about Harden being a ball hog now, the fricken irony of them celebrating Lin being traded to the Lakers

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

It's only two games into a new season. There's plenty of time for Lin to adjust to his new team.

17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

SCREW ALL THE LOH.

At this point I'm beginning to think that the mystical "LOF" is a myth. I read the boards quite frequently and even during the season last year there were always 3 or 4 times as many negative comments about Lin than positive ones. The forums have always been a cesspool of groupthink and ganging up on those with dissenting opinion, especially if they involved a player who was inconsistent or viewed as soft.

Still at this point we have videos about Lin helping the rockets beat the Lakers and pages of gifs of his worst moments. He no longer plays for us and i understand that this thread is properly located in the Dish, but still its like most of these posts are completely unnecessary. The amount of hate Lin has gotten on here has been immense and it in alot of perspective has been lost on the type of player he is and his career.

The "fight" if you want to call it between LOF and LOH on this board could be the subject matter of a scientific study. I'm not sure I can find a true starting point, but generally the narrative goes that LOF posted some stuff about lin being great and underused as a Rocket. LOH emerged as a reaction to that movement. The battle was over quite quickly, for the past year LOH posts have far outnumbered the LOF posts.

In addition, I find most of the posts saying something positive about Lin to be much more reasonable, usually they concede a point or two and acknowledge Lin's weaknesses. Meanwhile the "LOH" posts usually give a redundant talking point or just say he sucks and is soft. Even more recently there have been many posts somewhat saying he was OK at one specific thing but overall still sucked. These posts are more subtle but the vitriol for Lin is still evident.

Some level of argument surrounding Lin should be expected given that he was and is a very inconsistent player. But the great majority of these battles lost perspective and degenerated into mudslinging. Now i know this happened on both sides, but the majority of these pathetic posts came from LOH. This development in CF history, outside of being somewhat interesting, is quite frustrating.

I feel that this trend is now occuring between Jones and Dmo on the GARM and will probably continue even after (if) one of them gets traded. Sure basketball and emotion as a fan go together but there is a general lack of consciousness and composure and intelligence going on nowadays. People don't even have structure to their arguments. YES this is an internet message board so a research paper shouldn't be the norm. But really if all you are doing is posting reactionary one liners do everyone a favor and **** off.

BTW sorry for the line at the beginning, but the only way people read/reply to posts is if they think they are being called out.

1 person likes this.
  18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't think the Lakers had Kobe shoot too often given the circumstances.
    The mystery to me is why they went to Carlos Boozer that often.

Right now, Carlos Boozer is Juwan Howard circa 2005. He can get you 10-15 points but it's gonna be on inefficient jump shots and post-ups that stagnate the offense and rarely ever generate high efficiency opportunities (FTs, layups, open 3s). Yet, the Lakers went to him early and often. I am guessing this is Byron Scott's misguided attempt at trying to "establish the post" and "play inside out."

This is like a football team without a good running back wasting down after down trying to "establish the run game."

Give the ball to Kobe or to Lin if you are going to have guys trying to create something. At least these guys can generate some high % chances. With whatever negatives they might cause ther is at least some upside. Not so with Boozer. Also, get some floor spacing on the court-- guys willing and able to hit 3s-- even if you have to go small. Your "bigs" are getting killed on defense anyway so how much worse can it get with Wes Johnson at PF? Maybe Ryan Kelly's return will help some.

#2378 Carl Herrera, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  19. LosRockets2011

LosRockets2011 Contributing Member

Lmao those turnovers by Lin yesterday felt good to watch.

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Lin isn't this bad, but I really hope his die hards are learning something.

Houston, Harden, McHale, whoever. They were not the problem.