1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Chandler Parsons as a Dallas Maverick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Jul 13, 2014.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>☕️
    <a href="https://t.co/us6oaJyzjq">https://t.co/us6oaJyzjq</a></p>&mdash; Zain Irshad (@Rockets_AllDay) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rockets_AllDay/status/538578057624186882">November 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. mig0s

mig0s Member

^seems like Chandler wants Davis to touch his D

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Chandler is working to make his D better.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

So was he good tonight?

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Ellis 35 shots.
    Dirk 22 shots.
    Parsons 16 shots.

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

about equal to Dunleavy, although he did hit a clutch 3 in overtime.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

#FlamingoLife

8. Showtyme11

Showtyme11 Member

I've been looking everywhere for those socks, i cant find them anywhere

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XkIaPAlDQE8?rel=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

“I’m not a shooter,” Parsons said after Tuesday’s shootaround at the United Center. “I shouldn’t just be a spot-up shooter. That’s not what I do. My best attribute is playmaking and making guys better, finding guys and making the game come easier for everybody else.

I thought Dallas was just a better fit for him? I thought the hall of fame level of coaching he'd get would take him to the next level? There's still tons of time, but all in all it seems like so far his issues are he doesn't fit with their system and he isn't adjusting as quickly as they thought he would.

11. dchoye

dchoye Member

Parsons was so underpaid last year he was working hard to get a big contract
    Sometimes after signing the big money contract makes one complacent and the work ethic deminishes

12. hollywoodMarine

I thought Cuban was a smart man? Why would he pay so much to acquire a piece that doesn't fit? Just kind of puzzling to me

13. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

to me this sounds like a shot at carlisle

i hope this bites dallas in the ass for the next 3 years

14. Slam Dunk

Slam Dunk Contributing Member

Cuban bit off more than he could chew from his Cuban cigar. He structured the contract to screw the Rockets over in the event we signed Chris Bosh. He most likely didn't intend to sign Parsons to the max, but was stuck with the contract. In that kind of situation it makes sense to roll with the punches and say "we wanted him all along".

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Dude isn't making himself looking any better with his hot air. He should've just said, "I gotta trust the system, trust my shot comes back, and trust my abilities" in response to his lowered numbers.

Instead you see him pointing fingers at the coach for not bending to his play, his style or his strengths and then turnaround and say adjusting to a new system isn't easy. Just say the last part and STFU.

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Carlisle is trying to use him at what he's good at, but he's convinced he's good at other things, can't say I'm surprised, that's what he did to us last year. One of the major problem in Dallas is there seems to be dysfunction between coach and ownership on the issue, the owner is backing the wrong horse to save face.

1 person likes this.
  17. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

that Parsons gave the media:
    “I’m not a shooter. I shouldn’t just be a spot-up shooter. That’s not what I do. My best attribute is playmaking and making guys better, finding guys and making the game come easier for everybody else.”
    “I think I can create more obviously with the ball in my hands more. I can see the floor with my size and my passing ability. It would make things a lot easier, but I’m not one to ask for plays. I don’t need plays. I can play off the ball, I can cut and dive. I may knock down shots, but [creating is] what I do best, so that would be nice.”

Soooooooo, he's not one to ask for plays but he'll tell the media that he needs more plays?

18. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Once again Parsons can't keep his mouth shut. Why can't this dude just take the high road and STFU. Talk to your coach in private about your role, and tell the press you are working hard to improve.

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Now he thinks he's Kostas Papanikolaou.

1 person likes this.