1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Chandler Parsons as a Dallas Maverick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Jul 13, 2014.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

If it was microfracture, i think the report would have stated it

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Just want to say that Deandre is a pretty big Houston rep guy. The only reason he probably wants to go to Dallas is because we have Dwight Howard and he wants to be closer to home.

I'd be worried about them getting Deandre. Luckily for us Deandre loves it in LA and really this is just him warning to the Clippers that they better give him his money. Which I'm sure they will, you don't just let a top 5 Center bolt.

3. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Hopefully Ballmer dives into the pocket books for this one...don't want DJ in Dallas..

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;It's a tribute to Chandler that he didn't wait. He is already starting his rehab and looking forward to next season.&quot; -- Mark Cuban</p>&mdash; Dwain Price (@DwainPrice) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/status/594352375722156032">May 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Rokman

Rokman Member

(Cough - Cough) BULL$HIT!!!!

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Lmao.....he was waiting for them to get eliminated and they did..he said it himself.

7. plee

plee Member

More like waiting for the swelling to come down and probably second opinions...it's normal to be on the knee movement device right after surgery. Making it sound better than it really is...I guess you have to spin it some way :rolleyes:

8. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

"It's a tribute to Chandler that he didn't wait until more than one year into his deal to pick up a career-threatening knee injury. You don't sign a dellusionally over-confident role player to the most untradable contract ever only to be able to trade him away down the road. We look forward to having him and his now completely untradable max contract around next season and beyond." -- Mark Cuban

9. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Dumbass Cuban...what was there to wait for?

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Please. Parsons is just wanting to be 100% for all the pool parties he's heading to.

1 person likes this.
  11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It's still weird to me how much animosity there is towards Parsons. He was a second round pick that very few people even believed could be an nba rotation player. Instead, he out played his minuscule contract to a ridiculous extent the entire time he was here and he helped recruit Dwight. Cuban offered him a ridiculous sum of money that he would have been a fool to pass on. And what's more, supposedly Morey told him to go get the best contract he could and we would match it. We didn't match it. And that was the right decision. But Parsons made the best decision for him. And I can't begrudge him that.

Sure, the comments about how Houston is dirty were uncalled for, but he's a young man and young men sometimes make mistakes. In my mind, he made up for that by telling the media that James Harden is the MVP.

But carry on with your irrational hatred, I guess. I'm still pretty mad at McGrady so who am I to talk?

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Some of the feelings here about Parsons go too far, but he trolled and brought it out on himself. Most players go out of their way to compliment the city they are leaving (whether they mean it or not) . When Parsons got vindictive and went the opposite way, he painted a giant target on his behind that will never wear off.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Some of the feelings here about Parsons go too far, but he trolled and brought it out on himself. Most players go out of their way to compliment the city they are leaving (whether they mean it or not) . When Parsons got vindictive and went the opposite way, he painted a giant target on his behind that will never wear off.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Honestly, I think it was more about endearing himself to his new city, rather than trying to hurt our feelings.

I'm sure that Cuban put ideas in his head that Houston didn't appreciate what he could do ... maybe that was also a factor early on. But since the immediate aftermath of the trade, he has been cool to Houston as far as I can remember.

15. Red Rising

Red Rising Member

Fk that broken knee bum. I hope Cuban signs another role player to a $15 million dollar contract.

16. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

You guys give parsons too much credit.

Although Parsons said that Harden "has been great" this season, he told SI.com that he would vote for Warriors guard Stephen Curry for MVP over his former teammate.

"You have to reward the guy who has had a very good year on the best team with the best record," Parsons said. "A lot of guys have had very good seasons, but it’s Steph Curry because his team has had the best year."

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/04/17/cha...ayoffs-preview

17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

The hate on Parsons is stupid.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You're actually right. He went overboard with the Houston comments, but I do remember his time here fondly.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

People here don't like Parsons because he could not have been more douchy when he left.

Don't hate the guy, but I certainly don't have a lot of respect for him.

On his surgery, I remember when TMac got arthroscopic surgery on his knee after the 08 playoffs... well that basically ended his career. So we'll see how Parsons responds.

20. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Target remains on Parsons' back because he consistently underperforms against HOU :p Make us respect your play. So far he hasn't done that.