1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013 Smart Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 13, 2013.

1. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Had to wait an hour at my local Tmobile store to pick up a Note III for the misses. I currently own a Sony ZL and would love the phone if they fixed two things. They need to use their old loud speakers (new one is like half the volume of the old one) and add a button on the bottom bezel instead of taking up screen space (on screen touch controls).

I think Samsung nailed it with the S4/Note 3, where one button is on the bottom bezel with the other two (touch) hidden next to it.

I'll probably pick up a S5 when it comes out next year to replace my ZL if they can continue their annual improvements.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Licking my chops for the Nexus 5.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Me too. The announcement is rumored to be October 14th.

4. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

I'm pretty sure that goes back to the S3 and Note 2.

5. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I've kept up with the rumors but can't figure out if it's going to be a
    huge upgrade over the nexus 4. I have LTE on mine so that's a moot point. My cousin in a different country wants my n4 so I'd debating what I should do. There's still no mention of a price point and I'm going to be pissed if I give him my phone I bought for 200 and the new one starts at $349. What do you think I should do?

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

There is no doubt in my mind you will want the new Nexus, even if it's $349.00. Give up your Nexus 4 and get ready to move on.

Or just wait until a week from Monday and make a totally informed decision.

7. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Me to. I'm hoping they come out with a white on launch day. My wife did NOT want the iphone 5s at all and she's coming from a 3GS and then from a 4s. I think she got seduced by the larger screens of the androids.

8. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

nexus 5 or bust. the white nexus 4 was probably the prettiest phone i've owned. zero lag and ran cyanogen/miui like a champ.

only complaint was the screen's colors being a bit washed out. was easily remedied by installing a kernel with color control or just flat-out going with a trinity kernel.

9. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

White nexii are awesome. I still have the rare white GSM galaxy nexus :) converted it to yakju for prompt updates. It was one of those Samsung variants floating around.

10. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Is the Nexus 5 larger than the 4? Because if it is, I'm not upgrading.

11. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

Larger screen on a smaller chassis. That equals success.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

How is the presale for the Nexus expected to go? Will people who don't spend that entire day hitting F5 have a shot at buying one?

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Last year was a bit of a mess. Google's logistics on handling orders was pretty bad, hoping that isn't the case this year. As long as there aren't any issues to check out like there were last year, I think you'll be able to order one.

14. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Any leaks on the Nexus 5 pricing? I hope it's under $400, but the specs say otherwise.

15. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

No leak, but a rumor saying it could possibly be $300.

http://bgr.com/2013/10/10/nexus-5-release-date-rumor-oct-15/