1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013 Smart Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 13, 2013.

1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Since the other thread is outdated now, I figured I'd start another one for this year.

A leak of a possible Motorola phone.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YxYEt8S7q-4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

Did you see that? That phone has flexibility. Could that be the Motorola X. Can someone translate.

3. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I asked in the other thread but does anyone know if the nexus 4 would be able to bluetooth/stream to a speaker while its on the wireless charging orb. Thanks

5. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I don't see why not. The phone is just charging. It doesn't turn off any radios or anything.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The htc one looks hot. Too bad the one downfall it has is the poor battery life. If only it had good battery life the phone would be the one to get.

7. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Yes. I use my Bluetooth headset while it's on the orb all the time.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Thanks tons. I just wanted to make sure before I drop like $300 on the charger and speaker that I could use them both at the same time. Saves me a phone call.

9. ItsMyFault

10. Sajan

Sajan Member

Hi, y u leave out nokia 1020 with a big ass sensor?

[​IMG]

It has optical image stabilization (OIS) built in
    It takes the image in a 32MP and 5MP at the same time in 16:9
    The 5MP image is over sampled dropping 7pixels into one “super pixel”
    It shoots 38MP in 4:3
    “Nokia 909” was an early name for it but it will be “Lumia 1020” for release
    2GB of RAM, an increase of 1GB from other high end Windows Phone 8 devices
    32GB of internal storage, no SD
    WP8 V 8.0.10322.71
    FM radio (Amber)
    Flip to silence (Amber)
    NFC is on board
    Optional wireless charging backplate will be available

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Assuming it's made by LG, maybe this is what the Nexus 5 is based on. It's enough that I won't buy the Moto X right away and will wait for the Nexus 5 (and whatever Key Lime Pie turns out to be).

The Galaxy S4, HTC One, LG Optimus G2, Moto X, Sony's upcoming Honami and the Nexus 5 could make 2013 an incredible year for Android phones.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Here we go: http://www.androidauthority.com/nexus-5-release-lg-g2-android-5-241624/. This is my next phone, especially if the price remains $299.00. I'd be willing to pay more. Sorry Motorola.

It’s looking more and more likely that the next Nexus smartphone will be manufactured by LG...If the report is accurate, the successor to the Nexus 4 is currently being developed based on the hardware platform of the LG G2, the follow up to the Optimus G.

The device is reportedly going to be launched in early October and will come with a new version of Android on board – Android 5 Key Lime Pie. Moreover, Daum specifies that the name of the smartphone co-developed by Google and LG will be Nexus 5.

Full specs of the LG G2

In the same report, Daum clarifies a few of the remaining unknown details about the LG G2. In addition to the Snapdragon 800 processor, which is the only officially confirmed spec, the device will feature either 2GB or 3GB of RAM (the site claims that the decision isn’t final), a 13MP camera with OIS, which is supposed to snap greatly improved images, a 2700 mAh battery, a 5.2-inch display Full HD IPS display, and LTE-A support.

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

(Not THIS PHONE of course, BUT -)

In my experience, the quality of phone super cameras can be underwhelming compared to its stated specs. A 32 MP phone cam on a phone might not be better than another 15 MP phone cam

Best features of a phone to me are always simply just the battery life, and how quick & responsive the functions are, no sluggishness (so RAM and o/s are important). Having a super geeked out phone is nice, but waiting 5 seconds in every click and looking for a charger every 2 hours detracts from the experience.

Phone looks nice. But I can't buy phones on launch, not without experimenting with it beforehand or seeing user reviews.

14. ItsMyFault

Yep, I concur. $299 for a phone like that off-contract is a no brainer for me.

15. ItsMyFault

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WCucvQ1VuOk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Moto X feature. Having an "open mic"

16. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

<iframe id="viddler-b5c8246e" src="//www.viddler.com/embed/b5c8246e/?f=1&offset=0&autoplay=0&secret=17837553&disablebranding=0&view_secret=17837553" width="545" height="349" frameborder="0" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Normally I would agree with you. I think the Lumia might be a welcomed exception to that. The 920 has a down right amazing camera. I've been pondering switching back to iOS or staying with the WP family and from what I've read about this phone I might end up staying with WP. Six lenses, if you zoom video you can zoom up to 4x and still preserve 1080p quality, 2 GB of ram, I think this phone could be epic.

However, I will until after launch to make a decision about it.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

Probably old news for y'alls phone freaks, but I'm still laughing at the Blackberry Z10 getting bumped to $49 a pop. While in most other countries it's still being sold at $600+ if you convert it to the USD.

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

Blackberry is dead man walking. It's just a matter of time before they close doors. We are just witnessing a SLOW painful death.

Why would ANYONE buy a Z10? How much d you have to hate the iPhone, array of Androids, and now windows phones to choose blackberry with the least amount of apps...

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

In some developing countries in Asia, BB's are still selling strong, unfortunately. They should move their headquarters to somewhere in SE Asia and cater to them specifically. Those regions are the only ones keeping BB alive IMO.

I agree they should just shoot themselves in the head and call it a day. Instead, they come out (3 years too late) announcing they'll launch a BBM app for Android/iOS this summer. Well that hasn't come to fruition... and to top off their stupidity, they're thinking about charging for that app. Right. :rolleyes: