1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013 NBA Draft Lottery thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 21, 2013.

1. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Dan Gilbert must be very desperate. Someone need to watch his bank account.

2. Raven

Raven Member

So the pick Morey traded ended up being #12. Pretty slick, pretty slick indeed.

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

In this draft, yes. A three of wall, beal and cousins could be really good

4. Raven

Raven Member

Did a team drop?

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Even if it was the #1 pick I am happy with harden.

6. King901

King901 Member

Bobcats to 4

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>On plane back from NYC. Did that just happen? Again! @<a href="https://twitter.com/cavs">cavs</a> will be force in east for years to come. Happy for best fans in world: Cavs fans!</p>&mdash; Dan Gilbert (@cavsdan) <a href="https://twitter.com/cavsdan/status/337056322086371328">May 22, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

A force in the East, just as they will win a championship before LeBron. :p (Oh wait...)

8. Outlier

Outlier Member

I would normally say Cavs would blow this pick, but it's the #1 pick and unless there is no consensus, they can't blow this one. Because otherwise, i don't trust them with their drafting at all. Their front office sucks balls.

9. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

Inb4 they screw up their pick

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

So, think Cleveland might dangle the #1 pick ergo Noel and some other stuff for Love?

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Blazers are buyers, not sellers.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

If there was a year to trade the #1 pick or first round pick, this is the year. (Good job Daryl!)

I'm no draft expert but I can play one online! :p

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'd feel bad for Cousins. That's like going from a fat chick to an ugly one.

Lose lose systems.

14. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Reunited with Wall on an up-and-coming team in a weaker conference? I think that would be a pretty good landing spot for DMC.

15. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

with the good fortune the cavs had in the lottery in recent years, they could have potentially made a okc 2.0. Most tanking teams dream and strive for this type of scenerio when you get high picks in consecutive years. But..... the last two drafts were horrible imo for the cavs.

Could have had irving with jonasv/barnes/drummond and those were not reaches like what they got. I still think that they should have traded down if they really coveted those players (especially thompson).

Irving Irving
    Sg Sg
    Sf Barnes
    Jonas Jonas
    Drummond Noel

16. trowa2

trowa2 Member

cavs better use that #1 pick for drummond while they can! there is no way noel is better than the future star, drummond!

17. Swishh

Swishh Member

And there is no way the pistons will trade for the #1 draft pick and draft the questionable Noel when they have a better player, and future star in Drummond.

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Pretty unprofessional of the Cleveland crew in attendance to act the way they did after they won it. I feel like they use Gilbert's son to try to keep people from thinking the truth about Dan Gilbert... The truth being that he's a tool! And it seems unfair to his son to try and make him a charity case every year.

From what I can tell of his sons personality, he's a very intelligent kid who makes the most of his situation. Seems like a kid not wanting people to feel sorry for him. He seems embarrassed almost when the ESPN chick interviews him.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets won't really know how amazing the Harden trade was until maybe 2018 when the Dallas pick finally becomes unprotected. Hopefully the Rockets are contenders by then or there will be hell to pay....:grin:

20. Shaud

Shaud Member

Why do people think LeBron will go back to Cleveland? I don't get it