1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[2013] College Football Week 8

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Pretty much guaranteed a match up with Missourri in the SEC Championship. Hopefully it'll be closer than last year.

I feel bad for Georgia. They are the second best team but I don't think I've ever seen a team decimated by so many injuries to key players in one season.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It should be a cakewalk to Pasadena. The only game left on your schedule with any doubt is LSU.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Just idiotic to have A&M ahead of Auburn in the Coaches Poll. Seriously...like please tell me how that's logical...

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I see Auburn is still getting no respect...

I don't think Auburn will beat Bama, but it's hardly a guaranteed loss.

5. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

Somewhat agree.. But at least their two losses are to #1 and #24 .. LSU has 2 losses to UNRANKED teams and is still that high? :confused:

6. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

To clarify-- Georgia wasn't unranked when they beat LSU but are now. Still, LSU should have had a higher drop after losing to unranked Ole Miss

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Your first BCS standings:

1. Alabama
    2. Florida State
    3. Oregon
    4. Ohio State
    5. Missouri
    6. Stanford
    7. Miami
    8. Baylor
    9. Clemson
    10. Texas Tech
    11. Auburn
    12. UCLA
    13. LSU
    14. Virginia Tech
    15. Oklahoma
    16. Texas A&M
    17. Fresno State
    18. Northern Illinois
    19. Oklahoma State
    20. Louisville
    21. South Carolina
    22. Michigan
    23. UCF
    24. Nebraska
    25. Oregon State

8. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Should this be a new thread? The computers really love Missou, no love for A&M and Baylor. I'm sure it's because Baylor has had a joke of a non-conference schedule. Sagarin has them as the 100th hardest SOS.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

I don't know if it's thread worthy or not.

They love Mizzou, Auburn, and V-Tech.

Not much love for the bottom seven. And everyone in the middle is about right.

10. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

It could be South Carolina after next week and a missou loss to A&M. If missou runs the table then I'm sure they would be a win against Alabama for a trip to the championship game. They have the best wins left among all the undefeateds unless A&M loses again.

Will be crazy to see if it's Oregon or Florida St. on the other side. Don't think Ohio St has the schedule to go ahead.

#170 Brando2101, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Trust me, it's a very different team than the one you saw led by Corbin Berkstresser. :)

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You've gotta watch the games, assess the talent, etc... I'm not sure where I'd put TAMU or if I agree/disagree with that, TAMU's D is so terrible... but using that logic, I don't understand why Tech is ranked so high.

If they continue to win they deserve to be ranked well, but what have they done so far? They've beaten like... Kansas and HCC North. And they're not exactly loaded with talent, although Tuberville did leave a few toys around.

I'm fed up with the polls man. I actually enjoy them at the start of the season, it gives us something to talk about, but after that... I get fed up quick.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

All I know is there is zero reason that A&M is ahead of Auburn. There is simply no logic. The fact that the coaches have them ahead of us is just egregious.

As for Tech....agreed. They have yet to beat anybody of any substance. Extremely overrated and yet another reason why the system is flawed. They have no business being where they are.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

100% agree with you on both points.

For this season at least, Tech has returned to their old pattern of strong starts before limping to the finish line.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I mean don't get me wrong. Tech is undefeated, so they deserve to be ranked, but as high as 10? Just simply idiotic considering the teams they've played.

But it's okay...once Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and maybe even Texas are through with them, they can say goodbye to that ranking.