1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2013] College Football Week 15: Conference Championships

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Dec 3, 2013.

1. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

ziggy a bit psychic on the ok state at 13 ranting.

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Props. Hell of a game. Ultimately, our offense (while very good) just couldn't go punch for punch -- Auburn's offense puts pressure on you like nothing I've ever seen.

By the way, I hope y'all appreciate what a stud punter you guys have. Feels weird to type that, but I honestly felt like the swing factor in the second half was your ability to consistently pin us inside the 10, while we couldn't do the same on the other side. Completely changes dynamics for the QB and OL, and ultimately it caught up with us.

Good luck vs. Florida State. I honestly expect Auburn to win straight up, and the +8.5 spread is ridiculous.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Very much appreciated, sir. Meant to throw props your way as well. It really was a great game (unless you're a fan of defense haha).

Both offenses were out of their minds. Dorial Green-Beckham might be the next Calvin Johnson. Dude is absolutely unreal! We had no answer all day.

We'll see how Auburn does against FSU. The way James Franklin shredded us, I'm not excited to see how Jameis Winston does against us, but hopefully we can get our run game going and control the clock.

This season was a big time success for y'all, either way. Y'all definitely proved y'all belong in the SEC and will be a force for quite a while. All the Mizzou fans I talked to at the game were class acts too. Respect!

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Thanks. The nagging feeling I had in the pit of my stomach going in was that the position y'all were in vs. Georgia was the fluke, not the Hail Mary itself. Auburn basically dominated that game, but settled for field goals a few times (missing one), then took the foot off the gas with a 20-point lead and found it tough to put back on. Sure, the Hail Mary was lucky, but y'all were the better team and moved the ball at will, and the rational fan in me saw that as luck evening out. And the last play vs. Bama, while crazy... it was tied going into it. It's not like you were losing. So the whole "Auburn is just lucky" narrative was way overplayed.

Basically, your offense since mid-October has been one of the best I've ever seen. Bama held it reasonably in check (28), enough to win, but is FSU at that level? Maybe they are, but I have to see to believe. Schedule has me skeptical, and Winston hasn't been particularly sharp to end the season.

#124 The Cat, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yea I mean our offense isn't really what I'm worried about. FSU hasn't played any high powered offenses outside of Clemson, but people have moved the ball on them. I think we'll be successful on the ground if Malzahn can pull some strings. Our secondary has been our weakness all year so if they can marginally step up, we have a decent shot.

Hopefully we can hold onto the ball this game though! Y'all got us into 4 fumbles if I remember correctly. They were killing us the first half against y'all!

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Six(!) Heisman finalists

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Lynch, Manziel, Mason, McCarron, Williams, Winston named as finalists for 2013 Heisman Memorial Trophy.</p>&mdash; The Heisman Trophy (@HeismanTrophy) <a href="https://twitter.com/HeismanTrophy/statuses/410184593690472448">December 9, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Winston should run away with it.