1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2013] College Football Week 11

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Completely agree. Would also love to see Baylor - Oregon.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I know I'm ridiculously biased...but I completely believe that BU would roll Oregon. That BU would be able to get stops...and that Oregon wouldn't. That BU would be able to run the football.

3. Brando2101

I'm clearly a Mack supporter so I wouldn't say I support anyone else in particular but I'm just not sold on Briles. I don't like the way he schedules non conference games (assuming he has influence) and... I don't know. He just doesn't seem special.

Saban is a great coach but a massive douche. I would mostly be happy we got him to shut the bear Bryant poster up. Dude is ridiculous to support a guy who is famous for bolting.

4. MadMax

Helps when the teams you schedule for non-conference games don't back out. But Briles is a terrible coach, so you guys should totally look elsewhere. Hire someone who runs the wishbone, please.

5. Brando2101

How many teams backed out this year? One bad team doesn't give you the 80th or whatever it is SOS.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Manziel definitely just treated that game like it was his last at Kyle Field.

Time to see if LSU can pull the upset. Consider me one of the ones who doesn't think it will happen.

7. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

roller coaster of emotion

8. MadMax

One team only. SMU.

The boys on the field can only beat the guys lined up against them. They've done that pretty convincingly all season long. I'm hoping they continue to do just that. Been a blast to watch so far.

9. Brando2101

yea but the boys in the front office pick those teams. Just hope if the computers keep Baylor out then they will learn their lesson. Well... who knows how the new committee will weigh SOS in the new playoff/at large big bowls.

10. Major

Major Member

A craptastic Big12 is what will hurt Baylor's chances at a national title game rather than a lack of non-conference strength.

11. Brando2101

No it's the non-conference schedule. Texas is ranked at (24) SOS in the country and if Baylor would have beat BYU and Ole Miss then they would be near the top of the standings. Sagarin has Baylor at 93rd, Billingsley at 108 and Colley has it at 114.

I would agree with you if most of the Big 12 SOS was ranked low. Sagarin and Billingsley also have the Big 12 as the 3rd best conference. We can doubt it all we want but in terms of evaluating the computer assessment, that is the issue.

The Colley rankings allow you to remove and add games. Although that is unofficial, He would have Texas as #2 if they were undefeated. Ranked above Ohio St and Alabama.

Anyway, I've said this to death. They have a pretty good chance at being one of the only 2 teams left that is undefeated at the end of the year. Just win.

#71 Brando2101, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  12. Major

Major Member

That's because Baylor hasn't played their whole conference slate yet, including none of the good teams in the conference (the OU game is not yet included in the Sagarin ratings). Baylor's SOS will improve. As will all the other top teams who have mediocre SOSs as they play more conference games. Right now, most teams have played 8 or 9 games with 2 or 3 scrub non-conference games. Baylor only has 7 games, with 3 scrubs so they are artificially low. Texas has 8 games, with only 1 scrub. The SOS will look different when all the teams have played 12 teams and 2 or 3 scrub teams. At that point, I think you'll see Big12 schedules move down the list overall, in large part because the conference as a whole has no impressive out of conference wins at all, outside of OU beating Notre Dame. Texas will still be the best out of the bunch because of their OOC schedule and the fact that they'll have Baylor on their schedule while Baylor won't.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Alabama played well, but my goodness LSU played horribly. So many dumb penalties, at least 4 dropped picks by Bama that could have made it worse, costly turnovers, and no stops on defense.

LSU never had a chance they way they played.

14. Brando2101

Fair Points. Keep in mind that UT still has OK St, TT and Baylor which will only bring their SOS up. Baylor won't end up with a SOS that bad but they still won't crack the top 50

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

16. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

His o-line completely gave up on him. On that last sack a few players from each team fell on his knee. Tough guy. I hope he's ok.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I would still be dumbfounded if Briles leaves when they're about to open the new stadium. He seems like a Baylor-lifer at this point.

18. Major

Major Member

Oh absolutely - Texas' schedule will be fine thanks to the strong OOC schedule. My only point was that if Baylor had a normal year's Big12 schedule with either Texas or OU being a legit top 10 team, and OSU and KSU being legit top 15-20 teams, their schedule would not be an issue. But by the end of the season, there's a decent chance at OU, OSU, and Texas all have 3 losses. Baylor's problem will be that they won't have a signature win against a top tier team - FSU has Clemson; Alabama would have Auburn, A&M, SEC Title game, etc. Stanford has Oregon, UCLA, a Pac12 Title game. Baylor's best win will be against someone probably ranked around #20 - same basic problem Ohio State has.

19. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Would be nice to see Texas win out. Winning in Baylor against an undefeated team would probably be near impossible, but if they play like they have nothing to lose, they could at least make it competitive...

for a half.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

AP
    1. Alabama(56)
    2. Florida State(3)
    3. Ohio State
    4. Baylor
    5. Stanford
    6. Oregon
    7. Auburn
    8. Clemson