1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[2013] College Football Week 11

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Nov 6, 2013.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm not saying it wasn't an ugly hit, I'm just saying that it used to be no going low to the knees...then no hitting with the crown of your helmet...now no going high at all. Just seems like it's only a matter of time before it's impossible to play defense because of more and more scenarios being considered "defenseless" in regards to the offense.

2. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Yea he's not making decisions quickly enough. Looks nervous. He has to pulled the trigger on the outside pass from the end zone. Instead, takes a saftey. Can't expect to get more than 3 seconds in that situation.

Defense looks great though. OU's isn't shifty like Sams & Hubert at KST, and it was their ability to make our first tackler miss that let them control the ball.

3. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Damn. 2 backs down. Shock Linwood is more than capable, but I don't know if he can handle a full 3 quarter workload.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yup, gonna turn into another Baylor blowout.

5. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

OU has to put Trevor Knight in for the 2nd half. Bell just can't handle the speed.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL Oklahoma so overrated

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Entire Big 12 is overrated.

#27 J.R., Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  8. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

They lost of key players to injury, and it's clear how improtant they were. Their secondary played extremely well, but Baylor eventually started to find space up the middle and open this up from there.

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

this

OU is awful

10. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

OKST is legit. Growing pains early, but they've played much better over the last couple weeks. Outside of them... yea. Not much.

I'm not convinced the Texas defense has actually turned a corner. Kansas St is better than their record suggests, but they're a year away. I think they contend for the Big 12 title next season though. Tech is in a similar boat, only they're good enough now to turn many of the close losses into close wins.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Right? Baylor needs to beat Rice to prove itself!

12. bigtexxx

objection: relevance

13. Buck Turgidson

Agreed, Counselor! I too object to the relevance of Rice athletics.

SUSTAINED.

1 person likes this.
  14. bigtexxx

what's up with the defensiveness in this thread? I claim that OU sucks and all the sudden people feel the need to bring Rice into the discussion?

obsessed

15. bigtexxx

SINCE Rice was raised in this thread, I'd just like to remind the baptists that the last time they were ranked in the top 10, they lost to.....RICE.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QhKbIRdvYDA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm not Baptist, but Baylor keeps winning and racking up points. No matter who they beat it will never be enough for some.

Now Oregon is getting their duck asses handed to them.

Sic Em

17. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Just one guy. But we've been loud this year because most of us weren't alive during the last period of significance. We're tasting success for the first time, and some are getting a little too wasted.

18. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

I've said before that the biggest difference between Baylor & Oregon are the lines. Oregon has speed at every level on defense, as well as offense. But Baylor has significantly more size & power in the trenches (Particularly on the o-line), while sharing similar speed in the secondary & skill positions.

19. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

said it before, and i'll say it again.... i have never got the hype with Marcus Mariota.... hes a system qb like the previous oregon qb's that won 12 games a year

20. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

It's too bad Stanford crapped the bed against Utah... I'd love to see this smashmouth football against Bama. Nobody other than LSU ever hits Bama in the mouth anymore. (I know A&M plays them well, but that's a different type of game)