1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013 BCS National Championship: Notre Dame vs. Alabama

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Dec 1, 2012.

?

Who wins the 2013 BCS National Championship?

1. Notre Dame

29.9%
  2. Alabama

70.1%
  1. Major

Major Member

Except Boise St and Utah won their bowl games when put in that situation. They are a combined 4-0 in BCS Bowls.

Sure - why not? They played an overall more difficult schedule than any SEC team except A&M or Florida. Besides, it's not relevant - none of the SEC teams went undefeated either. If you replaced Georgia with Notre Dame, I don't see why they wouldn't reasonably go 11-1, given only two remotely good opponents on their whole schedule.

2. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

I can't wait for Miami. Roll Tide baby! Notre Dame will be lucky to score and offensive touchdown.

3. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

bama33 nd 6

4. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

Marrying into a domer family so if I've gotta root for the Irish.

That said my household isn't expecting a ND victory, but we're certainly hoping for one. If ever a team could change my perspective that team chemistry is not as important as having multiple superstars, it's this Irish team. They really love each other and it's refreshing to see in today's sports.

GO IRISH!!

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Put Texas A&M in the SEC this past season (oh, wait...)...they didn't win the conference....but they beat Bama in their own backyard.

ND whipped OU in their own backyard this year. No reason to think they don't have a chance against Bama on a neutral field.

I just hope it's a good game (for a change).

6. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

7. David Stern

David Stern Member

:confused::confused:.............:eek:

8. David Stern

David Stern Member

Bama front 7 is not as stout as they have been over the last 3 years....regardless i expect them to win this game Convincingly

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Merry Christmas to a 'Bama fan.

"We goin' to the game Pop, we goin' to the game!"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qxfTQjH8n4M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

That's an awesome video that will go viral.

Still hope is team loses. Go Irish

11. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Happy Gameday!!!!

12. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Would love to see Bama whip the Irish tonight! Go Tide!

13. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

{Proud Dad had to post this in this thread too...}

My daughter is a cheerleader that does halftime shows at the bowl games in FL every year. Most are not sold out bowl games like Outback, etc so getting tickets hasn't been a problem.

This year she's in the halftime show in tonight's BCS game. There are about 60 girls there for a 4 minute halftime show. I tried to get tickets but for the cheapest I could find was before the team announcement at $800 a piece. The seats are so "good" that I could watch the game AND keep an eye on my rental car because they were litterally last row in the upper bowl...corner. The wife just changed jobs so she couldn't go so I just decided to pass.

Well they flew down Friday and have been staying at the same resort as the ND team. Me? I will be home watching for the outside chance that I will catch a 1 sec shot 300' away of my baby girl in the background as they talk about the 1st half.

For anyone at the game, she'll be on the far right table (if you are facing the group) doing a scorpion and then later doing a series of back handsprings followed by a layout.

2 people like this.
  14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

That's awesome, ArtV -- congrats.

Should be a good game... I root for Manti Teo, but never been a big fan of either program.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Gentlemen, start your perving.

16. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hope ND stays in the game.

17. dmc89

dmc89 Member

You've been here for some time now so you know the culture of this forum is male-dominated. I admire that you posted this. That's pretty cool for her.

I can't stand either teams. I'll still root for ND since they are extreme underdogs.

18. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Well, now that Texas is a SEC state, I'm supporting Alabama tonight. I don't ever remember pulling for Bama before. Well, except whenever they play Arkansas. I always root against Arkansas.

Roll Tide!

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Roll Tide

Hopefully a good game, some big boy football.

20. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I do not think Notre Dame should be in this game.