1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013 BCS National Championship: Notre Dame vs. Alabama

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Dec 1, 2012.

?

Who wins the 2013 BCS National Championship?

1. Notre Dame

29.9%
  2. Alabama

70.1%
  1. 713

713 Member

It would a step in the right direction but top 8 would be ideal for legitimacy.

2. 713

713 Member

Be a** ^^

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Let them play the game and find out if it sucks from a football standpoint.

You're young, so you don't understand the cache that Notre Dame brings to the table. But saying their schedule is weak is pretty stupid.

The one thing we know for sure is that two teams from the same conference playing in a title game is really boring and bass-ackwards in terms of championship structure.

Alabama lost to a flawed A&M team, at home, and needed a minor miracle to squeak by a flawed Georgia team. So, I'm not going to pencil this one in as a bloodbath just because S-E-C! S-E-C!

#23 DonnyMost, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. 713

713 Member

Ideal match up this year would have been Oregon vs Alabama. :grin:

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Every good team has their off games. Hell, ND was lucky to beat a very mediocre Pitt team. South Carolina only lost 2 games and the game was at home. Yes, UGA should have performed better but it wasn't like they lost to some scrub team. And yes Florida committed 6 turnovers but I believe UGA's defense had something to do with that. As I said before, if ND beats Alabama - I'll quit posting here forever. Period.

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Bad weeks happen when there's not a dominant team. You look at Alabama from a year ago - aside from the first LSU game, they crushed everyone. That's how elite their talent was. And they probably would've won the first LSU game comfortably except for the kicking woes and the controversial fumble call.

Notre Dame certainly isn't dominant - I agree with you there. The Pitt and BYU games are evidence of that. I just think a lot of folks see the name Alabama and are picturing the 2009 and 2011 versions instead of looking at the evidence we have from this fall. The 2012 version isn't that level of dominant and can be beaten. It'll take a great effort, but if Golson avoids turning the ball over, I give Notre Dame a real shot.

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

As far as I'm concerned, we already got the best game of Dec-Jan with the SEC championship.

I got to go to a game in South Bend this year, met the Leprechaun, pulling for them on behalf of a couple of friends.....but I'm expecting them to get pasted. Absolutely pasted.

I expect to see the RB tandem destroy ND's defense and the game to be over at the half with the Irish's come and go offense leaving them high and dry.

Bama can be beaten...but ND needs all the TD Jesus magic they can muster to pull off that win.

8. TISNF

TISNF Member

That...pretty much sums it up perfectly. ND's offense just won't be very effective. I expect Bama's D to dominate them like they did to LSU in New Orleans last season.

9. Major

Major Member

A few teams - including LSU's craptastic offense - have been reasonably successful against Alabama's defense this year. No offense has been effective against Notre Dame's defense.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Why does everyone hate ND so much? I think I'll pull for them just because everyone hates them.

I don't think it's beneficial for FBS to have traditional powers (ND, Michigan, Miami, Texas, etc.) have so many down years in a row.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I don't understand why people would still hate ND. It's fun to hate the successful teams, but it's been so long since they were relevant. My SEC hate greatly outweighs my Irish hate.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Hipster football fan.

[​IMG]

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This. Although, I'm sick of Bama at this point more that anything else. Sorry to the couple of Bama fans on here. No offense.

14. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Because they think they are special and better than everyone else.

15. Major

Major Member

That sounds more like the SEC than ND.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, that's who I thought he meant.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

And UT. And A&M. And OU. And just about every other traditional football power in the country.

18. Major

Major Member

Very true. Although I don't think Texas feels we are better than anyone else right now. We just want our coach fired so we can again become better than everyone else. :)

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I think we can all agree that it's ok to hate everybody in college football.

If you have hate in your heart, let it out.

[​IMG]

20. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I don't hate them in the slightest - I've kept a pic of me with their Leprechaun as my FB profile pic for the past two months (almost out of superstition with the win streak). I was very excited for them and their fanbase that they broke through and finished undefeated after two decades of tough sledding.

I'm just giving me honest opinion that this looks like the sort of scenario where Boise St or Hawaii or Utah goes undefeated, gets slightly overrated in the polls, and gets crushed in their bowl game.

Put ND in the SEC this past season...do you honestly think they'd win the conference, let alone go undefeated?

I'd love to see them win, but I don't expect to see it happen.