1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013 Astros Trade Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by astros123, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Completely agree. Bud brings a lot of value to the table, and I think the simple fact that the market for Bud is expected to be at least 12 teams bodes very well for us. As demand increases, so too does our leverage. We can discuss different packages from different teams, and wait until we get some prospects that we really like (I know this concept might be foreign to Ed Wade). If no offers overwhelm us, then no worries, we just hold onto him.

It's a win-win situation for us, and I'd be surprised if we don't trade him. 2 years from now should be the focus here, and I personally think that some of the intriguing arms in the minors can replicate his production to an acceptable level. If we can grab a top 100 prospect and a couple of B level kids, then you almost have to pull the trigger.

2. DoitDickau

DoitDickau Contributing Member

At first glance Pirates seem to line up as the best trading partner. Their lower level arms and outfield bats coincide with houston organizational needs. I think a Heredia, Glasnow, or Bell should be the type of headliner piece that we should expect to get back. Also the Pirates should have another comp balance draft pick that is eligible for trade.

I was a little underwhelmed at the time for the return for Wandy last year. I hope due to his age, salary, service time, and stuff, Norris is viewed as a better commodity than Wandy. I think it's close to 100% that he is moved. Both luhnow and Goldstein (on baseball prospects daily podcast) have made public comments in the last week that the Astros will be sellers at the deadline. Assuming that they don't move Castro or Altuve, Norris will be their biggest chip.

3. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Stop posting.

4. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Please.

5. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Man I'd strongly consider Bud for Bell straight up. After coming back from injury last year, Bell's been solid thus far, and is showing some of the tools that got him that $5m draft bonus. Any other players on top of that is just gravy.

6. DoitDickau

DoitDickau Contributing Member

I agree. And whatever the case, I just hope it's not a quantity or quality type move.

7. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

So many things are wrong with this statement.

8. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

Can you be traded for bandwidth?

9. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Maybe the OP and him can be shopped in a package deal.

10. boozle222

Haha only if we can make it work. I'm just tired of Castro and his inability to be the number 1 OPS catcher in the AL during his second full season :rolleyes:

I do, though, actually wonder if we will see a Corporan/Barnes (or a healthy Maxwell) trade similar to the Bourgeois/Q trade to try and boost somebody's bench.

11. TimPoopura

TimPoopura Member

I would be really underwhelmed with Norris for Bell straight up. Give me Greg Polanco and we're talking.

12. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I wouldn't mind that at all either. Do you think the Pirates consider something like:

Bud Norris
    Jose Veras (I know their bullpen has been good, but it never hurts to add another effective arm to the mix)
    Carlos Corporan

for

Gregory Polanco
    Josh Bell
    Top 20-25ish pitching prospect

With Marte and McCutchen, they already have a good young outfield core, so maybe they'd pull the trigger on a trade like that?

13. boozle222

I want to keep Bud unless I am blown away... This would blow me away. That would be a heck of a trade.

An outfield with Springer, Polanco, and Bell/Santana in a few years? That would be one of the most athletic OFs in the majors and would give us a true lead off hitter.

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'm asking for Heredia and Bell.

I'm just not sure how good of a fit it is. Pirates actually have a solid pitching staff. I would only mortgage good prospects for an ace or an impact bat.

If we were holding another Hunter Pence, that would actually be a very good match.

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

16. juicystream

17. juicystream

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>In 2012, <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Astros&amp;src=hash">#Astros</a> traded &quot;100 for 50,&quot; in terms of <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23MLB&amp;src=hash">#MLB</a> value. This year, it could be 100 for 80. Club doesn't plan to take another step back</p>&mdash; Brian T. Smith (@ChronAstros) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChronAstros/statuses/347371481568796674">June 19, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

19. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

Who cares if it was mentioned in another thread last night.
    Just skip over it and move along if it really bothers you.
    We're not getting monetary prizes at the end of the year for best clutchfans poster are we?

1 person likes this.
  20. cardpire

cardpire Member

maybe he wanted to hear commentary and discussion on it. by alerting him that it was already posted, he now knows to go back and look for said commentary and discussion.

who cares if somebody alerted him that it was mentioned in another thread last night.
    just skip over it and move along if it really bothers you.