1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013 AFC South Champions - indianapolis colts

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ima_drummer2k, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Nah... one player does make a difference in the NBA.

The NFL will always have teams/regimes that seem like they're on the cusp of greatness, only to have to rebuild/re-tool in under 5 years.

2. Grinds

Grinds Member

QB is the main position in football and makes a HUGE difference. Getting Luck is pretty much exactly TD part II... smh.

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Colts Schedule:
    @Texans(with Schaub) - Win; (with Keenum) - Loss
    Rams - Win
    @Titans - Win
    @ Cardinals - Win
    Titans - Win
    @Cincy - Loss
    Texans - Win
    Chiefs - Loss
    Jags - Win
    Best Record: 12-4 and 1st round bye

Texans Schedule:
    Colts: (with Schaub) - Loss; (with Keenum) - Win
    @Cardinals - Win
    Raiders - Win
    Jaguars - Win
    Patriots - Loss
    @Jaguars - Win
    @Indy - Loss
    Broncos - Loss
    @Titans - Win

Best record: 8 - 8, no playoffs and middle of pack draft(this is the worst situation).

How did this happen to our franchise. Why? Like what did Houston fans do to deserve such crud from Houston pro sports teams...:(

4. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Why, they cheered Matt Schaub's injury, of course! The most evil thing a fanbase has ever done, except for refusing to build Bud Adams the insane Alamodome monstrosity that he demanded.

Also, the city didn't show up at Bob McNair's house with torches and force him to draft Vince Young. Hence, 8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8 ad infinitum.

5. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Being realistic about what team is going to win your division makes you not a real fan? :confused:

Okay. Imagine a scenario. Suppose I'm a Jags fan. A huge fan. I have season tickets and spend $100's in Jaguars merchandise every month. But I say "man, I think the Texans are going to win the division this year. We are 1-3 and they are 4-1"

Then a version of yourself as a fellow Jaguars fans comes along and yells at me "You think the Jags aren't going to win the division?! What kind of fan are you!! :eek::mad:"

Being realistic has nothing to do with your level of fan hood.

6. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Couldn't agree with you more. Colts remind me of the Spurs back in 99. A great franchise that tanked one year, got Duncan and then went on to dominate the NBA for another decade and a half.

Colts dominated this division for years, Manning went down and they tanked, then they draft Luck and now will dominate the division for another decade and a half.

Oh well, Houston is just an unlucky city when it comes to sports. If its not injuries, its the better fortunes of other teams that hold us back. I have come to accept this now, its Rockets or bust. If the Rockets can't win a ship in the next 2 or 3 years then im done. Because I think its safe to say that it will be a very long time until the Texans or Astros ever win anything.