1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013 AFC South Champions - indianapolis colts

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ima_drummer2k, Oct 7, 2013.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Great. Congratulatory threads for other teams should come when they DO win those things for which you're commending them against your team without being a sore loser, NOT IN THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON.
    Not everyone. :eek:

[​IMG]

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The issue is . . .
    Colts as an ORG seems just better
    From Owner --> GM --> Coach - Players now
    they are making the RIGHT decisions

Rocket River

3. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

To be fair, it's a WHOLE lot easier to make the RIGHT decisions when you lose a large chunk of your cap and then fall into Andrew Luck, post-rookie wage scale.

I never, ever could have imagined that the post-Manning Colts would have exactly one bad year... that just seems... grossly unfair.

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Well said.

5. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

i agree with Swolly...Things look bad for the texans but come on....This really isn't needed....

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Don't worry man, this is secretly a jinx thread.

Good job OP!

7. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I see what you did there...

8. jbasket

jbasket Member

The season is not over yet...

9. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Nothing beats LUCK! Hopefully I luck into the winning lotto this week.:grin:

10. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

The Colts losing Manning only to pick up freaking Luck is both infuriating and a perfect example of the kind of crap Houston sports fans are used to.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Good morning, everyone. :mad:

I know it's nice outside, but our window is now officially closed. colts are going to win the division and we ain't making the wildcard.

It's unbelievable to me that the colts only have to endure 1 horrible season before they are a Superbowl contender again. But it DOES go to show you that it doesn't take 5 years to rebuild in the NFL. At least it shouldn't....

Getting Luck was obviously great for them, but even without Luck, they're still a pretty good team. They are very well coached.* But all it not lost. We can catch them again in the next few years if we do it right.

Time to clean house.

*hint, hint......

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

WHAT!!!! YOU'RE NOT A FAN!!! :):(:eek::p:cool::rolleyes::mad:

1 person likes this.
  13. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

yup... somewhere, at some point in time the city of Houston must have royally pissed off the football gods. crazy to think that after indy lost one of the greatest qb's of all time the heir apparent falls into their lap one season later.

and i'm not sure how there's still a small contingent on this board who thinks kubiak deserves some credit for making us "respectable" in 5+ years. just look around you - it shouldn't take 2 seasons in today's NFL... if you know what you're doing.

that said i really think keenum can be something special... they way the offense responded to his leadership and play was night and day. think about it - with no OD, practically no foster, no back up RB (kubes :shake) and a sive of an offensive line we STILL had multiple chances to take this one.

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

I saw them play last night and they do really look dominant. They beat SF in SF, they beat Seattle, they beat the undefeated Broncos in an impressive fashion. Yep, they are for real. I was thinking that they are not just going to dominant the division, but they are a real contender. What tics me off is that so many pro teams seem to be able to retool on the fly while Houston teams take decades. NBA, MLB, NFL, you know the examples. Why can't we fix stuff that quick?

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

The year is essentially over for us. Sad to say that ima, predicted this correctly.

This TEAM just beat a well above average undefeated Peyton Manning led Broncos squad last night.

They are the real deal this year and we are just pretenders, we'll see what direction we take after the bye week but this upcoming game against the Colts will be a tell all for the rest of the season.

Go Texans....

16. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

Coaching staff has got to go. Kubiak to conservative and sadly to nice. TONY MARCIANO should have been fired a long time ago as the special teams just continues to regress week after week. Every time we punt it, I'm holding my breath as our special teams coverage has been that atrocious. Yet Kubiak stays with him, well too late to do anything now coach. Your done Kubiak :rolleyes:

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

And the irony that the heir apparent is actually from Houston! :)

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

They're a Hillman fumble away at perhaps being 4-3. I really wish that SF would have taken care of their bidness.

The Colts will win the division but I'm not even close to thinking that it will be a year in and year out situation like it was with Peyton.

Oh and it could be the ACL for Wayne. That kinda makes a difference. I wouldn't have counted us out if it wasn't for the Cushing injury but crazier things have happened.

19. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

This is Tim Duncan all ****ing over again.

20. Raven

Raven Member

The good news is that all we need is a new coach, one good draft, and a QB, and we're back in business. The bad news is that half the teams in the league can say the exact same thing.