1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013 AFC South Champions - indianapolis colts

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ima_drummer2k, Oct 7, 2013.

1. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I watched that whole game yesterday. Luck is a bad man. I agree with you. They will be a continued threat and a good team for awhile now.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Guilty as charged.

That being said, several of their wins last year WERE lucky. But I don't think the wins this year (against the 2 teams that just beat us) were a fluke at all. They are for real. They have the right guy for the job at HC.

As for us, I can't get past the feeling that this year is going to be 2010 all over again. Except the offense and defense have switched roles.

Our elite offense has scored a grand total of 3 points in the last 6 quarters.

3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I haven't felt good about this team since before the MNF beatdown in New England last year. Before that, I had a sense of confidence that this team would just find a way to win more often than not. But not anymore.

Stranger things have happened, and this team certainly has the talent to make a run, but that won't happen with Schaub wilting like a flower out there. It's starting to feel a little like '08 and '10 again.

Thank God for the Rockets and Daryl Morey.

4. kingk

kingk Member

Yes Swoly-D I do. Cuz apparently your type of fans have blind allegiance to the team. He is right in making up his mind. Colts are a lot better than us. Get off cloud 9 and face reality...

5. imasonamagun

imasonamagun Member

This is probably one of the few threads where Swoly makes a point, it's only week 5. Where is your spirit for the Texans? All of a sudden we are 2-3 and THE COLTS WIN THE DIVISION!!!!! Please, this is a long season and we have only scratched the surface of it. Get off the band wagon and go buy a Luck jersey already!

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

There's no "blind allegiance", man. We just don't congratulate other teams THIS EARLY IN THE SEASON. I'm wishing and hoping and being optimistic that this thread will be revived in December, when the Texans win the division after beating the Colts twice. :eek:
    I've ALWAYS felt good about this team, have seen them go down in flames, and have seen them triumph. I still BELIEVE.

Has anyone noticed no one else has said "Congratulations Indianapolis"?

1 person likes this.
  7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Congratulations Indianapolis. You've earned it.

8. kingk

kingk Member

He is being saracastic, SwoLy-D! Would you still believe in the team if Schaub starts on Sunday, what about when he throws yet another pick??

9. SwoLy-D

That's not "sarcastic", man. I would still believe in the team if Schaub starts on Sunday, yes, but not on Schaub. Do you see the difference? :eek:

10. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

11. Grinds

Grinds Member

Burn the jackets.

12. kingk

kingk Member

The team front office is the one making the decision to start Schaub. By you believing in the team entails you believing in Schaub as well. You can't discect and be like I believe in the team but not Schaub. Can't have it that way SwoLy-D :cool:. Just hop on the Broncos bandwagon

13. SwoLy-D

The coaches make those decisions, and the front office stands by them, kingk. When you start dissecting the front office from the coaches, what are YOU doing? ;)

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Swoly, I knew you'd come in here and pollute the thread with your true fan silliness. You always do.

This isn't your kids 8 year old football league where the parents aren't supposed to say anything negative about the team, this is the NFL. "Real fans" are allowed to voice their displeasure with how their favorite team is playing and/or being run. It doesn't make them any less fans. Quite the opposite, actually.

There's a difference between a fan and a cheerleader. We've been through this.

I would tell you that I will follow this team through thick and thin and all that other stuff, but I don't feel the need to explain myself to you. Everyone else here gets it. You're the only one who doesn't. As usual.

15. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Football is a team game, no? Where the QB takes on the most important role on the team... especially in the NFL. You can't say I believe in the team but not the QB, and expect winning results. That's just madness.

Just as an elite QB lifts the belief and competitive nature of his teammates, a struggling QB lowers their morale.

Does this mean his team competes less? Absolutely not. They're pros and have dignity. However, I would say their belief level (which impacts team chemistry) takes a huge hit when their QB continuously gifts points to their opponent. Turnovers are bad enough, but pick sixes are really demoralizing -- especially to start and end games.

I know where you're trying to go with this . . . rah rah loyal fan or bust. I get it. But this is exactly the type of 'fan' that ensures things remain status quo for much longer than they should. If there is little accountability from the top of an organization, then the heat should come from its real fans via the media. Obviously there is a fine line: burning jerseys after two losses crosses it, IMO.

But that doesn't mean I don't agree that a QB and Head Coaching change must be made? That that mean I don't have eyes to see the decisive moves other, bolder franchises are making to become real contenders? Does admitting this make me a fake fan?

Hardly.

16. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

OK, now you're just trolling.

Thought you were trying to have a serious discussion, my bad.

I'm done here.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Let me point out your first mistake.

18. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, that's on me.

I gotta do better, John.

19. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Lulz. :)

20. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

y'all didn't take the texans blood oath like swoly??????

no wonder y'all don't get it.