1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013/2014 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by AroundTheWorld, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

If Arsenal misses out on 4th, Wenger gets fired and Arsenal will probably go through 4-5 years of suckage... that's 1 less title contender LFC will have to worry about. I'm not worried about Everton nor Tottenham. Plus I think Arsenal fans want a new manager anyway.

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

'REACH OUT AND TOUCH IT'

YNWA

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Gotta be ****ing kidding me. They don't even belong on this ****ing pitch. What the **** is that mother****ing ********age? I'm going back to bed this is ******* pathetic.

4. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Toure was a massive loss though.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

How to lose your title aspirtations in 10 simple minutes.

Pathetic the way these sacks of **** are looking.

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Wow. Totally different half.

8. Panda23

Panda23 Member

what a blunder from kompany....... no confidence in liverpools d though.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Two mi****s. 1 that would have been the lead then one that gave up the lead. :(

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Liverpool's to lose now

They don't have to rely on others

11. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I can't believe Chelsea still hasn't scored when Swansea has been playing with 10 men for the majority of the game.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

It's also Chelsea's to lose. They face Liverpool in between their champions league matches at Anfield. Liverpool has the edge.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Not only the loss but Yaya could miss the rest of the season. Ugh.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

Fantastic outcome. I wasn't able to catch the match and only followed it on twitter and saw highlights. Those two young guns are amazing, I hope Pool will never have to sell them. Sterling with the composure and Coutinho with the friggin drill.

What happened to Yaya? I did break into a cold sweat when Aguero was substituted in and from the highlights he had an awesome assist that Silva just hit wide.

Anyway the season's not over yet. Hard to believe that people laughed at a possible 4th place finish before the season started and now we're on top with 4 games to go. Not celebrating yet, but it's been a dream season so far.

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

^groin injury iirc

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Just a tale of 2 halves. City perhaps should have had one pk but Suarez is flopping like a German in the world cup every time you touch him. Silva was pure magic in the 2nd h

The pass from Aguero was just long and he missed it by a centimeter or two. Then Kompany whiffs a miraculously placed slicer and Coutinho just curls it right off in, nothing Hart could do. Dumbfounding. That's football for you.

17. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No. The first one seemed like a flop live but on Match of the Day they froze the screen and it showed that the dragging foot of Demichelis tripped him. Looked inadvertent and Suarez didn't need to act like he was hurt but it wasn't a flop that landed him on the ground.

The second one Kompany clearly used two hands to bring him down so that wasn't a flop. If any other Liverpool player the ref probably would have given a PK in their favor. Suarez is Suarez, though, so he deserves not to get the benefit of the doubt.

Kompany was not healthy and it showed. City will suffer without Yaya but Pool will miss Sturridge and Henderson.

I really love watching the diamond plus two up top that Liverpool has been running in their streak. Just pretty offensive football and Gerard as the holding midfielder has helped the back line so much.

18. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Barca fans on here care to explain the lovely chants directed at Neymar?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fU_LZODvtlE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shameful imo. Never a need for such chants at a player, especially their own player.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

Class fans.

Neymar should ask out for Liverpool if he knows what's good for him next season.

20. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Not sure if you are referring to the monkey chants? Honestly can't really understand what their saying. Not defending them the monkey chants but everything else fans have right to tell the players something specially after the crappy performance of late. I could barely make out something in regards to stop reserving themselves for world cup.