1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2013-14] Bynum Watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jan 7, 2014.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I figured the speculation surrounding Bynum deserved its own thread.

Let's start things off with a Woj tweet

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>The NBA has approved a $5.25M Disabled Player Exception for the Brooklyn Nets, league source tells Yahoo Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/420711524521353216">January 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Clarification: DPE expires on March 10 --- not Dec. 10. With full roster, Nets would have to create a spot to sign or trade for a player.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/420712576410861568">January 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

This is probably the most money any "contender" can offer Bynum

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

isnt bynum from the NJ area - maybe he may want to be closer to home but who the hell knows what that guy wants

3. shastarocket

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hearing Clips are leaning away from trying to sign Andrew Bynum if he's released by Chicago. Too many issues regarding Bymum from Cleveland</p>&mdash; Brad Turner (@BA_Turner) <a href="https://twitter.com/BA_Turner/statuses/420650209371099136">January 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

LA Times reporter

Stephen Jackson was just waived too...

4. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I see Bynum ending up in Miami or Brooklyn..

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bynum in Brooklyn would be interesting...

6. clippy

clippy Member

How funny would it be if no one picks up the classless douchebag?

7. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Why is no one considering the possibility of Bynum retiring?

He reportedly has never liked basketball, now he has no contract, therefore, no obligations.

I say Bynum rides off into the sunset as the classless injury prone b*stard he is.

8. Swedish_Rocket

I honestly think the dude doesn't even deserve his own thread...I could care less

9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

He will get a job if he wants one. Size matters too much in basketball. Even 39 year old Camby can get work.

10. clippy

clippy Member

Well, I can't think of teams that need size more than the Clippers & Heat, so if they aren't interested, I'm wondering if he's been blackballed by the owners for the way he's acted.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He can still go Europe or China.

12. coffeelover665

Miami has 15 guaranteed contract, I don't think he's going to go there anymore

13. shastarocket

Yeah, its not like they can do a 2-for-1 deal

/s

14. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

I think Bynum is going to the Clippers. The Heat are probably Bynum preferred team, but I don't think the Heat really want him since they like their team and their current team chemistry. The Clippers are probably bluffing. Malik Wayns still isn't healthy enough to play so it doesn't make much sense to really want to rush and sign him. The Clippers backup big men really suck, so I think Bynum see the opportunity and settles with the Clippers.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Clippers need to do something to get better and Bynum is worth a shot. 15-20 mins/game off the bench post scoring could take them up a notch. On the other hand, I don't see Doc or CP3 putting up with his sorry attitude because mental toughness/consistency is something their team hasn't mastered yet. Bynum would be a risk.

I wonder how much the Nets can afford to pay him. Seems like a perfect functional (and dysfunctional) match.

16. clippy

clippy Member

Bynum is a perfect fit, talent-wise since our backup bigs are just godawful (I mean seriously, Mullens has got to be right there with Fisher as worst player in the NBA). I personally can't stand the guy because he intentionally headhunts other players, which is just bush league (he should play for Mark Jackson lol). However, there is no denying his skillset, even if he's 30% of what he used to be. I guess I'd reluctantly welcome him but if he got injured or dropped, I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

17. shastarocket

Nets were just granted a $5m Disabled Players Exception, they just have to find a way to open up a roster spot.

Also, not that it matters to Russian Mark Cuban, but using the DPE will cost the Nets $20mill in taxes!!!

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Despite speculation that <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Nets&amp;src=hash">#Nets</a> are interested in Andrew Bynum, league source tells NetsDaily there's &quot;no interest at all.&quot;</p>&mdash; NetsDaily.com (@NetsDaily) <a href="https://twitter.com/NetsDaily/statuses/420965907218067456">January 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Roy Hibbert probably feels like the Death Star if he signs in Miami.

20. lalala902102001

Bynum's negatives outweigh his positives by a mile at this stage of his career. We may have seen the last of him in the NBA.