1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 NHL Playoffs

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 22, 2012.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Well it would be nice to just win in regulation, but I'll take it.

2. Apps

Apps Member

I wish instead of the Kings going on the PP they could go on the PK instead. Seems like they have a better chance at scoring shorthanded anyway.

3. napalm06

Regardless, the Kings look like the team to beat in the West right now.

However the Blues have a great team. Should be a good series.

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I have to give Mike Smith the best goalie crown in the west after game 1.

Don't know how Phoenix does it with getting outshot, but they just keep battling offensively and get timely goals. If they had even an average powerplay, they'd definitely be the best team in the west right now. Kings look pretty damn good right now, so I'm in agreement with you.

5. napalm06

^ That's the scary thing (to me) about Phoenix. Their identity has changed in the playoffs from a stifling lockdown team with a little bit of offense to a frenetic team that chases the game and scores on almost every opportunity.

Game 2 will tell us a lot about the Preds/Coyotes.

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

HUGE win for the Caps. Needed that 2nd game. I don't know if they can pull out both of the next 2 at home, but I'm expecting at least 1. I will be perfectly happy heading back to NY at 2-2...ecstatic at 3-1

7. napalm06

Great job Caps.

What's wrong with St Louis?

I've always loved to hate Dustin Brown but I have to give the Kings credit where it's due.

8. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

LA. They did it to Vcr, they're doing it in St Louis. Key to beating LA: Don't go on the powerplay. I'm liking them now.

Did you see the Philly game? Yahoo had Bryzgalov as #1 star despite allowing 4 goals on 9 shots in the third????

9. napalm06

Bryzgalov is a space case. That guy has no poise. Letting Bryzgalov walk for Mike Smith has to be one of the best GM moves of the season.

Let's go Coyotes.

10. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

yep. He's a nut. I was just confused by the star selection. Mind you...yahoo knows hockey like I know nascar.

What's your connection to the Coyotes? Even guys from phoenix don't follow that team ;).????

11. napalm06

Haha, it's true... My family relocated to Phoenix in 2008 and I'm there currently. I've attended as many games as possible and become attached to the team. I was stoked to finally live in a city with an NHL team. The arrival of Tippett as head coach has taken them to the playoffs each of the last 3 years, as you know, so it's been good times.

1 person likes this.
  12. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

well that one felt like **** after 3 OTs

13. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Oh crap, you live up in the DMV right? Damn, I felt like crap after watching that too. I was thinking by OT3 that it becomes so much more important to win because of the physical and emotional investment into it.

14. napalm06

NOBODY wants to lose in 3OT. That stinks.... I'm rooting for the Caps in the East.

I just got tickets to Phoenix-Nashville game 5!!! This will be my first live NHL playoff game after 10 years of waiting. OH YEAH.

15. Apps

Apps Member

The Kings have made me so damn proud!!! I honestly fear for the health of any team that gets in our way this year, baby! HELL YEAH.

16. napalm06

If the Coyotes survive Nashville, bring it on. Should be the most physical series in the West.

17. Apps

Apps Member

That's what they said about St. Louis... ;)

18. napalm06

So they say. But I don't think there was any rivalry whatsoever in the Chicago series and there certainly hasn't been in the Nashville series so far. The Kings and Coyotes games even during the regular season were intense and highly penalized.

19. Apps

Apps Member

Yeah, you're right. It'll at least be fun to laugh at the rest of the West while two Pacific teams are duking it out in the WCF (assuming you guys hold the Preds off).

20. napalm06

Very true. The Pacific got no respect the 2nd half of the season. Consider it earned.