1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 NBA FINALS - Heat vs. Thunder

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by 713, Jun 9, 2012.

?

Predictions?

1. Heat in 4

4 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Heat in 5

14 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. Heat in 6

48 vote(s)
    12.7%
  4. Heat in 7

31 vote(s)
    8.2%
  5. OKC in 4

15 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. OKC in 5

32 vote(s)
    8.4%
  7. OKC in 6

170 vote(s)
    44.9%
  8. OKC in 7

65 vote(s)
    17.2%
  1. Sen89

Sen89 Member

If Miami plays with the focus they're capable of, they'll take it in 6. I'm more confident OKC will play "their" game than Miami though.

Either way, hopefully LeBron will shut up the idiots who've been claiming KD is on his level.

It's going to be a fantastic series - I just hope the refs let them play ball.

2. HoustonRockets

3. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Mike Miller is a massive X-factor for the Heat. He can play way better and he just might be saving best for last.

4. aaaa

aaaa Member

He might be too injured. Miller some nights had the stroke going, but other times he would be completely way open and still be way off.

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

OKC in 3.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

OKC probably loses, bad matchup

7. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Great matchup for OKC. Thabo vs Wade, Durant vs Lebron. When either Wade or Lebron attacks off the PnR, They will have Ibaka or Perkins there. The Spurs are the best PnR team in the league and the Thunder managed to pretty much shut that down. The Heat have absolutley no one to guard Westbrook, and no rim protectors. The only way to stop Westbrook is to have a PG who is decent at D and a rim-protector. Miami has neither. Westbrook will blow by Chalmers and dunk over Joel Anythony or Ronny Turiaf. Without Rim- Protectors, Miami is deemed to fail. I really think OKC in 5, but i'll say in 6, so they can win in front of their great fans.

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

The reason Miami will most likely lose this is b/c OKC has too much offensive firepower for Miami, which simply lacks the offensive depth to hang with a team like OKC, esp. in 3pt shooting. These 2 teams play an eerily similar style, but OKC simply has better shooters. That will be the difference.

OKC is making 38% of its 3s in the playoffs, which is nearly as good as the Mavs did last year. Miami is shooting a pathetic 32%. That's the difference in the two teams' offense. If Miami had better 3pt shooting, I would pick Miami.

OKC has a smaller margin for error b/c their offense is so good. But you can never count out a team with the best player on the planet.

And Miami is a HUGE underdog in Vegas. First time since the conception of the big 3 that they have been underdogs entering a series.

9. 713

713 Member

10. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Dwight and Deron will NOT come to Houston and we will draft an average player with no bust potential so Daryl doesn't lose his job.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

OKC is just too deep and on another level.

No way the heat should have even gone to 7 games with the Celtics, plus the thunder will be better rested.

12. gambingo

gambingo Member

Defense wins championship so i'm going with OKC in 6.

13. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

I would say OKC in 5, I don't see Miami winning on the road. But because of 2-3-2 I'm going with OKC in 6.

14. theglyde1121

theglyde1121 Member

I have OKC in 6. The Thunder are too deep offensively and defensively overall. Also, the Thunder have a better bench than Miami with Collison, Harden, Cook and Fisher providing the experience. The only guys on Miami off the bench that have been playing well have been Haslem, and Mike Miller has been very inconsistent.

15. SacTown

SacTown Member

I think the only reason the Heat went 7 with Boston was because Bosh was out. If he's healthy it's a 4 or 5 game series at most. I mean, Boston went 7 with the Hawks, lol.

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

It comes down to a simple question. Are Wade, Bosh and LBJ way better than KD, Harden and Westbrook? If not it is going to be a short series.

17. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

18. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Is OKC's defense really better than MIA's?

19. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

not really

okc has a better team besides the big 3 for each team the thunder have a shot blocker in ibaka and a good rebounder in perk who also takes up a lot of space in the paint. Collison has also played well off the bench and as much as i hate fish hes played well 2.

20. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

It's set up so the sheep jump on Miami +140 at my book and Vegas makes a killing when okc takes it home