1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 Houston Dynamo thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by FrancisFan3, Mar 8, 2012.

1. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

The passing last night was possibly the worst I've ever seen from the team. Not only did we give them one goal, we gave them a bunch more chances that we had to scramble to stop them from scoring.

In the grand scheme of things 8 points from a 7 game road trip isn't too bad, I just wish we would have played better in the past few games instead of constantly shooting ourselves in the foot.

1 person likes this.
  2. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Exactly, they've been giving up bs goals. We could take solace in the fact that the real starters have yet to start a game together. Kandji looked pretty good,maybe he should replace Colin Clark in the right.

3. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

kandji was the dude playing forward?

4. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Yeah. I think sometimes he tries to do too much instead of making the simple play, but he had some good moments yesterday. And we may as well try him on the right, he can't be any worse than what we have now.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Anyone going to the DYNAMO ACADEMY vs. US U-17 tonight? I'll be there. Look for a Mexican in a yellow tie. :cool: We'll drink one to the ClutchFans. I'll buy.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'm going tonight.

7. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

I thought the Dynamo Acadaemy game is only for season ticket holders.

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I think the rapids played him on the right for a while(cos Cummings and Casey had the forward positions on lock) and I think his assist in the MLS cup came when he was playing out there. Only problem is service will probably be lacking.

I'm guessing playing the left footed Colin Clark at RW isn't working too well. Might have been better to hang onto Danny Cruz.

9. SwoLy-D

yeah. So? I'm at the Texian Army section. Come on over. I am the only one with a tie on and drunk. LOL - :grin:

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Damn, was looking for a Mexican with a yellow tie. I left at halftime. I was in 230, I was to the right of you.

11. kidcave9

Did his wife look like a teenage minor?;)

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I guess I could give a quick review of the stadium. I sat in 230, which is in the corner.

Let me say, I don't think there appears to be a bad seat in the house. The stadium is a bit bare bones with out the bells and whistles of Reliant, MMP, and Toyota Center.

The seats are comfy, there are no arm rest, so there is no barriers from fatties/no barriers from a nice looking latina lady. :) I sat where you could see the skyline, except we couldn't because it was night, and the light was too bright.

You know how you want a stadium to be intimidating to the road folks. For me, it's intimidating to the home folks. Just walking in the concourse, you can hear the vibrations from the seating deck. When that place is packed, it's going to rumble.

I didn't try any of the food, but i'm sure it taste like Toyota Center's food because it's the same company. I don't think they have Coke or Pepsi. Dr Pepper has pouring rights in there. Not sure about which beer has pouring rights either.

The place is very "intimate" and you are basically on top of the action.

The only draw backs is the scoreboard. Wish they had a bigger one.

I'm still figuring out the parking situation. I parked near the GRB because someone had a permit for the GRB.

I was imagining it for football games, and TSU games will look nice there. I know people don't want to hear that. I hope we get a US game in there. Sure, it won't be Mexico, but a Caribbean team would be the best choice. Jamaica, or TNT, or some team like that.

Or Canada. eh.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Couldn't pick them out. TA was behind the goal to the right.

14. SwoLy-D

Haha. A-hole. ;)

I didn't take my wife to this game. She was busy. More than likely you'll meet us other games. :grin:

To me, the stadium is reminiscent of smaller stadiums in Mexico of second division teams, and some in European countries like Germany or Netherlands, but with the amenities and technological U.S. advances. I don't understand why the roof section is so small. Why not do the entire side? It seemed like a waste of space. Just put a roof over everyone. I feared it may have rained and could have messed up my slacks and tie! ;)

I liked that the atmosphere is great and people are bench seated next to each other in the supporters' section. It's a cozy atmosphere and I am sure those benches won't survive and probably will be taken out. This was not even a regular game, and people STOOD the entire time. I loved it. We saw some kids in a large group who spread themselves across the top level and started one of the weakest WAVES I've ever seen. LOL! I was telling my buddies: "uh, we're losing and we are doing the wave? We are supposed to be mad! I guess for the kids it's cool."

We did a few chants and I am sure that when the entire Texian Army is full, it will sound awesome and the side people will join in the chants.

I only tried a bottled beer from a vendor, but I heard there are tacos somewhere inside... I might try food other times. The suites are... SWEET. I guess they make a lot of money off them.

All in all, I think it will be intimidating to visitors. You can't look any way without seeing Orange on your face. I like that.

See y'all on Saturday!

#114 SwoLy-D, May 11, 2012
    Last edited: May 11, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

goal.com interview with Oscar De La Hoya on the new stadium and a hint that a DP could be coming soon...

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

ROLL CALL!

Who is in, and what section

231 Bam.

1 person likes this.
  17. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

What type of quality level could the DP be? Like a Wayne Rooney level impact player? Or more likely some Mexican player that will draw interest with that demographic locally?

18. shsu33

shsu33 Member

How about Stewart Holden or Ricardo Clark or better yet both! Do we still have their rights if they ever come back to MLS?

19. kidcave9

Wow, that second half was the best I've seen all season.great game.

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

We're getting that little Mexican boy Messi.