1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 Houston Dynamo thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by FrancisFan3, Mar 8, 2012.

1. jdh008

jdh008 Member

That's my issue with it. As an adult, Clark should know better than to say something like that to a kid. Maybe it just speaks to the differences between Clark and I, but I can't imagine calling a ball boy something like that. What could the kid possibly have done to warrant being berated?

2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

OF COURSE Clark calling a child any kind of name is unacceptable. That's a given.

Being in my 20's, I know people in my age group that unfortunately still use the word to refer to homosexuals and that's terrible. The definition when one is in the heat of an argument/contest might be more like ******* but I've heard people in 2012, one too many times use the word in the context of calling someone a homosexual.

It's just one of those words that would be best for most people to leave deep down in their lexicon and not use.

3. cardpire

cardpire Member

couldn't disagree more. i don't see how removing any bigoted meaning and use from the word could be thought of as a bad thing. you are essentially saying that your desire is for it to remain a derogatory slur towards homosexuals.

here's a question that will blow your mind: why is "**********" an acceptable curse word??

4. cardpire

cardpire Member

c*cksucker

5. ferrari77

Not quite.
    The good intentions of a few in terms of their use of the word won't stop nor change the common use of the word in our society.(At least not anytime soon).

I haven't thought about why ******* is an acceptable curse word but
    are you going to tell me that the intention of some black folks in changing the use of N***** as a slur toward blacks has changed the derogatory meaning or use of the word?

6. Convictedstupid

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

8. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:confused:

Since when is it acceptable by those whose feelings are hurt, or by the public, in general, just to correct something, for a celebrity or sports person to apologize on stupid "tweets"? :rolleyes: So informal... so impersonal... so... dry and without feelings that is just typing some words on a computer... they carry no meaning...

Do it publicly and in a press conference... BE A MAN. Apologize personally to that one you've insulted. Cowards.

10. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

11. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

I don't think Colin Clark is a big loss for the Dynamo. It's either Luiz Camargo, Alex Dixon, or Josue Soto can step up in the midfield.

12. DrLudicrous

The stadium lit up at night.
    [​IMG]

13. ferrari77

Few things better than Stadium pron in my opinion.
    Lovely stuff.

14. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

The Dynamo announced that Levy Restaurants will be the primary food vendor for the new stadium. http://blogs.houstonpress.com/eating/2012/04/dynamo_food_update.php

15. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

Aerial view of the stadium
    [​IMG]
    Dynamo team store
    [​IMG]

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Brad Davis is expected to miss the next game with an injury, so 3/4 of the starting midfield will be out as Clark and Moffat are serving suspensions

17. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

I want to see Alex Dixon, sturgis, and rofle play.

18. DrLudicrous

And the 1/4 that is available hasn't started any games for us this year. We're going to have to rely on our defense even more than usual.

I think there's a good chance Sturgis and Dixon both start, unless Watson starts at RM. Rolfe is going to have to really impress to move ahead of our other 5 forwards, hopefully he will because a lot of those other guys are just kind of average. Ownby seems to have had a good preseason and really impressed in reserve games, I wouldn't be surprised if he starts getting minutes at some point.

19. DrLudicrous

20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Eeeeeewwwww... :(

This is what IMMEDIATELY came to my mind:
    <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oFUHM1Uq_nA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oFUHM1Uq_nA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

:grin: