1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 GOP Presidential Primary

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Jan 27, 2011.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bloombergs votes? if he runs, it'll be as an independent, outside the primary system. he has next to zero support amongst the voters who will decide the republican primary.

i'm in "convince me" mode. i love Christie, but i think it's too soon. my feelings about Sarah are well known.

Mitch Daniels is (provisionally) my current choice.

2. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

we know you want to suck the milk out of her boobs...

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Then we can clearly cross them off the list, along with your 3 leading horses from 2008 - Giuliani, Thompson, and Huckabee.

Let's face it, you're the DaDakota of political predictions.

4. basso

Supporting Member

only if you watch.

5. basso

Supporting Member

Rudy and Fred, sure.

Link for Huck?

MGIAMF.

6. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

aren't you a little old for Coeds?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r-TPHzH-gHA" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

7. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

I'd slap it in the back, if you know what I'm sayin'!

8. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Why are liberal posters even speculating in this thread? You are not part of the Republican primary process and your choice does not matter at all. You only want the weakest candidate possible to run against Obama so he can win reelection by a landslide. Go find another thread to hijack you trolls!

With that said, I would like state my choice for Republican presidential candidate to the few Republican conservatives left on this board.

1) I do not support the idea of Palin for president. I have several reasons why but I will not divulge any further.

2) I will not support another phony moderate RINO like McCain. No more pandering to the media nonsense that a solid conservative cannot win elections. We do not have to sell our principles to buy votes. Let the Democrats cater to race, gender, and ethnic politics. We do not build big tents or refugee camps or whatever. We seek to build a nation upon the foundation of our principles and welcome all Americans to join with our arms wide open.

3) Lastly, I will not vote for a GWB type NeoCon with no integrity who is willing to "give up his free market principles in order to save the free market." Yeah, that kind lunacy has no place in my book. The conservative brand has been forever tarnished by the Bush dynasty of both father and son.

Therefore, the one candidate I would vote for with absolute confidence and trust in is Jim DeMint. The man has single-handedly done more for the Republican party and conservatism than anyone in Congress or even in the RNC. In the last election cycle, DeMint spend his time, money, and energy to help elect solid conservatives like Marco Rubio, Rand Paul, Pat Toomey, Ron Johnson, Mike Lee, and others. His Senate Conservatives Fund gave much needed financial boost to these candidates while the RNC and the Senate Republican Fund were too busy burning money in California and Connecticut for candidates who were losing by large margins in the week leading up to the election.

So if any man deserves credit for the conservative resurgence, then it is clearly DeMint who is as solid as a conservative can get. Anyway, I know I am preaching to the choir but we have to get behind him and get a grassroots movement going on early enough to fight off the establishment picks and the phony moderates which the fake media pundits will back so we can lose another election like we did with McCain.

Remember, the liberal media will back the weakest candidate possible. So, if you see the media get behind a certain candidate during the primary, then that is your red flag right there. McCain was raised and slaughter on the pedestal using the exact same tactic. For a few years he was treated like a rockstar by the pundits. He was a constant fixture on their talkshows, newsrooms, and press articles. He made rounds on the Daily Show, Colbert Report, and other liberal fronts. Bottom line, if Jon Stewart thinks you are the future of the Republican party, then:

1) You are definitely a RINO.
    2) Get ready for the media guillotine once the elections arrive.

Finally, here is my dream ticket: DeMint-Rubio 2012.

P.S. Liberals need not reply to this post because you would be trolling at this point since this message is not addressed to you. I am only going to respond to known conservatives and Republicans.

Thanks and God Bless America!

9. mc mark

weakest?

Hell we'll spot you your strongest and still kick yer ass!

10. mc mark

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

The left has three templates for GOP candidates: dumb, insane, boring.

Any GOP candidate will be thrown into one of these buckets. It's Alinsky 101.

It makes sense, the issues aren't on their side and the economy is terrible, the only recourse is to try to personalize the criticism. It will get nasty quick, as you can see from this thread.

Candidates like Pawlenty or Daniels or Cain will be difficult to demonize, they are all successful, mainstream leaders. The best mud they can sling is a charge of "boring".

It's pathetic really.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Very intrigued by Pence and Daniels and it's not because I'm from Indiana. Daniels won't get it. So my choice in 2012 will either be support Obama or a non-vote for president. Nobody else on that list is worth a dime.

I was somewhat disappointed by Pence's decision but it's probably for the best. He's only 51 years-old and if he's elected governor of Indiana next year, the guy will be in perfect launching position in 2016 or 2020.

13. Major

Major Member

A liberal started the thread, so it would be hard for them to hijack it. Besides which, it's not like anyone is voting here - liberals can speculate just as well as conservatives.

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Nobody mentioned there is making me regret my decision of abandoning the Republican party.

15. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Hmm ... does ghettocheeze know some terrible secret about Palin that he is unwilling to divulge? It sounds like it ... ghettocheeze, did you have sex with Sarah Palin?

P.S. I am a well known conservative and Republican and since this is a super special luxury post exclusively for well-known conservatives and Republicans I expect that you will let me know the super-secret exclusive info concerning Sarah Palin.

P.S.S. it is okay to give me this info publicly because all our conversations are exclusively reserved for conservative Republicans and once you say that you can post any private info you want to on a public message board because everyone will know it's a super-secret special magical post for conservative Republicans only! Thank you!

16. Major

Major Member

Sounds like the #1 criticism of Al Gore.

17. mc mark

I think Mike Huckabee is probably republican's best hope for the presidency in 2012.

18. Major

Major Member

I tend to agree. I think he's probably the one guy that can appeal effectively to both the conservative base and the moderate independents. He'd be a formidable opponent depending on the economic climate.

19. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

You are a liberal so you are part of a conspiracy to select the weakest candidate! Nothing you say is ever true! You liberals need to mind your own damn business and never ever talk about us conservative Republicans because we are on to your games!

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Certainly, posting this one never gets old:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=3432830&postcount=6