1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 GOP Presidential Primary

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Ron Paul!!!

2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

THEY TOOK 'ER JO- I mean Ron Paul!!!!

3. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Haha, indeed. No reason for him to get mad though, this is a place of discussion and cat pictures.

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Replace the stars with the f bomb.

1 person likes this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

In a continuing effort to have a thread about the GOP primaries BE about the GOP primaries, and not one fringe candidate, I'll further add to mc mark's important post earlier, essentially ignored by all and sundry (especially sundry).

Romney's tax cuts would blow big hole in budget: report

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney's plan to dramatically cut U.S. tax rates would dig a $3.4 trillion budget hole that would need to be filled by closing some major tax breaks, a think tank estimated.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-tax-romneytre8202gq-20120301,0,3005374.story

7. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Alas, twas not I Mr Deckard.

I believe you are referring to Mr. B-bob's post.

But the point is not lost; Romney’s plan is a disaster!

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Drat! Guess I'll have to give B-Bob the credit. :-(-

B-Bob, consider the credit yours!

9. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Incase anyone missed it... Ron Paul was on Piers Morgan again last night. His interview was amazing.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BGeqGOQ0StE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kudos to Piers for being professional about it this time. Last interview he always interrupted Ron during his answers.

This interview converted my mom from Santorum to Ron Paul. I've been hammering away at her for a couple months now because she has never used the internet, and she barely watches much tv (watches 4 babies all day long.) She stuck by Santorum because of all his "Family values" but when she heard Ron Paul talk last night, that was the turning point.

She likes how he doesn't get involved with the elementary school-type antics about he said she said. He had the chance to STIR THE POT with Santorums comments about JFK and Obama being a snob but didn't! He did the same thing a couple weeks ago with Mitt Romney talking about the poor people. Even this birth control discussion he is tired of it because it's secondary to the real issues hurting this country.

Amazing interview, I hope atleast 2 of you will take a few minutes of your day to shut your mouth, clear your minds, and listen to this guy with a level head and clear all your personal opinions of this man before watching. Thank you.

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Ron Paul is a ****ing idiot. He voted against helping his own district after IKE. REALLLLLY?????? That's all I needed to know about Ron Paul. The other BAT-Crazy **** he says is just icing on the cake.

11. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Explain why you feel the "other stuff he says is crazy." I agree it all depends on how you look at it. It's crazy compared to what everyone else has said for the last 30 years because of the financial/police state we are in today, these politicians over the past few decades have been corrupt. So yeah it would sound a lot different in comparison but being different doesn't necessarily make it "crazy"

Please explain.

12. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

and he still won reelection in 2010 w/ about 75% of the vote in said district.:)

1 person likes this.
  13. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Here is Ron Paul's response. You have to keep in mind, he's all about helping people I mean he was a friggin' OB for 40 years taking care of women and their pregnancies. He just wants to get the government involved in taking care of everyone. Communities come together to take care of one another, not governments.

14. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Now we live in a "police state" ToyCen?

You've got to stop it with these overreaches man. It makes you look foolish and, if you care, prompts people to immediately ignore any legitimate points you might make.

Back to the GOP race, anyone find it odd that Newt is going after Santorum now? I would think that he has to know he's out, so if he hates Romney as much as everyone thinks why would he try to weaken the one guy left who can take him out? Weird.

15. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Well maybe it all depends on how you define it. They are talking about having drones located throughout the country, they don't want anyone protesting, if you speak up against or question the government you're a psycho, even though I believe they are trying to nullify it but the part in the NDAA about using military force to hold U.S. citizens indefinitely without trial, and you saw what happened with Rand Paul at an airport and that situation was only pointed out because of his position in office he holds but its happening to millions of people all the time.

In the words of Benjamin Franklin, “Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”

In those terms I think it's safe to say that we're knocking on the door of being a police state.

16. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  17. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

18. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Listen man, I am not for the patriot act at all. I think it is a serious erosion of our rights to privacy. That being said, with all that I find wrong with it, in no way could a rational person see this as living in a "police state". The fact that you can post such an accusation here, protest it on the streets, scream it from the rooftops if you feel like it proves that. Just stop man. Back off the ledge and calm down with all this drama-queen bull****.

1 person likes this.
  19. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

i live in that district sir.

Vote Ron Paul!