1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 GOP Presidential Primary

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Hightop

Hightop Member

On behalf of debt and eroding civil liberties, I thank you.

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

You're welcome, and keep your eye to the sky...
    [​IMG]

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

What other choice does he have if he wants to maximize support the 1% and Ron Paul drops out to support Romney?

4. glynch

Not really. He is a big proponent of economics for the 1% even if they are gay and smoke pot.

5. Hightop

Hightop Member

No. He doesn't support Obama's bailouts to the 1%.

6. glynch

What converted you?

7. glynch

I'm glad you raised that. Please explain why Ron Paul took $1.7 million dollars from the founder of paypal which conspired with big governent to try to persecute Julian Assange, effectively the greatest whistleblower of all time.

I've tried repeatedly. but can't a Ron Paul supporter to explain that to me, though I keep asking.

8. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Here is a clip from Ron Paul working his day job. He mentioned last night he may pay Mr. Bernanke a little visit today and confront him about this being the 99th anniversary of the Fed. and close to 99% of the value of a 1913 dollar has been lost. Sure enough, he backs up what he said.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G7K9YASQ3do" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

http://www.livescience.com/18706-people-smart-democracy.html

10. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

How many wars would we have gotten into if it was stated that every government official had to send a family member fight in it. People laugh this question off but I think it would be a great determining factor on how important the war is. Is the war worth you losing limbs, body parts, or maybe even your life? Is it worth your son coming home from war so mentally distressed he will never be the same again?

Would Obama, Newt, Rick or Mitt be so war hungry then?

11. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

I can probably look more into this but this donor could have done what a lot people do who have government ties by "Taking one for the team" and agreeing to do something that they feel benefit the government as a whole.

What this Paypal co founder does with his money in his business. What other reason would he donate to Ron Paul? Cause Ron Paul is in cahoots with Mitt the republican Obama?

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

someone has never heard of bowing out graciously

13. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

And in 1913, people earned less than 2 dollars a day.

I mean, seriously, Toy, think VERY carefully about the implications of your argument. The implication inherent in what you claim is that people in 1913 actually had a legitimately higher quality of life then they do today. Needless to say, I think even you can admit that is incorrect.

14. Hightop

Hightop Member

To further his campaign. I would take it too.

15. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

If you got down the list of people that have donated to a campaign you can find almost anything. I used to do it all the time when working for an opp research firm.

People don't ask questions when they take money. I dont care how principled you are, if you dig deep enough you can find all kinds of slime that have donated to a political campaign.

16. glynch

Hey, you mean we would all be 100 x's wealthier if we just had followed libertarian econon. I guess I never understood the attraction of the movement till now.

Even the street guy at the corner would do so much better when the stray libertarian in a moment of retro weakness went all soft and gave him a quarter even though his current market value was zero. $25 more to the street guy.

Wow! give us some of that trickle down. Now we are talking.

17. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

You are railing on Obama like he started all of those things or like he had the power to end them unilaterally, which of course he didn't.

18. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Well the point to the story is, they are controlling our currency putting their debt on us and giving us in exchange federal reserve notes which depreciate in value faster then Yao Ming.

It's evident that the only way we can continue to do the things we do like over spend and participate in these wars is the fact that we print the money out of thin air. There is no financial responsibly being dished out to any part of the government, and everything is falling on the tax payers shoulders of tomorrow.

It should be pretty clear at what they are doing is not working, and the only way to reverse the course of our national debt is to change our way if believing if we need money we can just print it.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I think his mom lost her job at NASA, which apparently was Obama's fault, and consequentially he had to move out of her house when she was unable to support him any longer.

At least that's what his mom told the thadeus.

20. Hightop

Hightop Member

Denial must be nice.