1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 Fantasy Football - Sleepers/Busts/Strategies/etc

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Big MAK, Jul 15, 2012.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Lol what a tool! Dude you do realize that for the first three pages of this thread your man crush has been so hard for Mathews that his balls have been nicely resting on your chin since? If you go back to any of my posts you'll see I never single out Foster as "THE ULTIMATE" back or for that matter even a high value pick for where he is being projected at 1st overall.

Based on production and opportunity the top 3 guys, again top 3 not Arian get it straight what, have the best opportunity to produce prime numbers on their respective teams barring injury.

Oh and you did say that, soon after his injury but that followed all this butt-f****ing you did of Mathews thru the beginning of this thread.

So what is it, what? Would you like to make teh hot love sex with the Ryan tonight?

I think the one believing the hype and drinking the kool-aid of the Matthew Berry's of the board is you my friend. This guy should not be taken anywhere near the end of the first beginning of the second.

I'd take McFadden if I wanted an injury risk with TOP fantasy potential.

You're system is flawed, that is all.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Hmmm.

I think the only way to properly settle this is on the field.

Maybe we should keep track of our "advice" in the fantasy advice thread and see who the real fantasy expert is.

3. what

what Member

Everyone of those posts were under the assumption that I could draft Mathews with the 14th pick, which in most leagues (not mine, but most) is high 2nd round territory. That's hero worshiping to you? The 14th pick?

I could understand if I said I'm taking Mathews #1 overall. But nope. The only time I mentioned a #1 overall pick it was Calvin Johnson, not Mathews, who I targeted.

I also think that you miss the fact that over and over again I said things like Mathews drafting status is commensurate with his value: which I plainly said was pick 14, which again if you are following along is a mid to high SECOND ROUND PICK.

I even mentioned in that first quote that I am considering drafting a qb because I don't see a lot of rb's IN THIS ROUND (that being round 2) that I like.

Once I realized that Mathews are going top 6, that's when I decided his value was NO LONGER commensurate with his drafting strategy and decided to make OTHER PLANS, thus I came up with the rbbc theory.

flash, if youi can't see beyond what you WANT my posts to say then I am done with this argument. It's just not worth it. Anybody can plainly see that everything I've said has been exactly how I described it from the beginning of it, in everyone of my posts.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That sounds like a plan.

Again I'm not touting myself a fantasy guru buff. I'd love to be paid for giving my "insight" on FF but it's just not an option right now.

I'm just pointing out the shortsightedness of what. I'm willing to post my primary league results week in & out if that will settle things. Only sh!tty part is my league drafts maƱana so if there's a major injury to one of my top guys I'm done. Hate drafting this damn early.

Hell! We can take it to the real field and knock each other to death in a real game if what is even in Houston.

I'd be down with that. :grin:

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

And what I'm saying is whether it be YOUR first round pick or someone else's top 2nd round pick he'd still be going top 15 in any league and I absolutely don't see the value in that as you do. As he's proven more often than not, he simply can't stay on the field.

Like I said if take a chance on DMC or Lynch's crazy ass if I were looking at a RB at that stage of the draft.

Obviously we have 2 different views of value. And when the hell was Mathews being touted or taken top 6 in drafts?!

That's just asking for FF misery. Smh

6. what

what Member

Pre-injury, you wouldn't pick Mathews top 15? Really? You and i ceratinly don't see eye to eye on that player. But then again last year all i heard from you and others was what a stupid pick mathews was in light of tolbert and mathews still was a top 5 back I got in the 3rd round.

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Please show me when I said that was a stupid pick. If you picked him up with your 3rd rounder I'd say you may have taken him too early but I'm not gonna lie I was targeting him last year but in the 5th and 6th rounds which is right about where he went I believe.

No absolutely not. Even with my pre-planned drafts to prep me for the real deal I stayed away from Mathews as much as possible and that was pre-injury.

Honestly I'd take Gronk over Mathews if I picked 14th and I'm the last person that would take a TE over any other position with my first round pick or early second pick.

And again, I'd go McFadden or Lynch over him.

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Oh and I know how you like touting your league as the superior because you play 14 teams, big whoop.

Here's a good league if you guys wanna get on some realness:

Up for a Fantasy Football Challange. Join our league. 48 Team League, 4 Divisions, 12 Teams per Div. Live Draft Aug. 25. 8 pm. Entry Fee $55. 1st place $1500, 2nd $600, 3rd $300. Text or call JC @ 832-494-7532 for Details.

Not promoting this dude or anything but the league sounds awesome but it's live so if you're not in Houston it wouldn't be worth the trouble.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

48 team league? How does that even work. There are only 32 starting QBs.

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That's what I was trying to figure out.

It's one beast of a league and this is my first year hearing about it, but I may pass for this year and get on next year.

Apparently when the guy was explaining the rules he said you can play 2 TEs as well. It may not make up for a top flight QB but if you woulda been lucky enough to nab both Graham and Gronk last year you woulda been money.

I'm guessing you gotta be a major waiver wire hawk more so than anyone already is and pick up some good deep sleepers.

Don't really have the moolah for it this year but 1500 Gs is a nice payout def a tough task against 48 other teams.

11. what

what Member

what it sounds like is a scam and the guy is going to run off with the money.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I honestly could care less what it sounds like to you.

It's not a new league they've been running this way for years now. Some of my buddy's from another league brought me onto it who particiapted last year but like I said I'm passing this year.

What's the matter what? You so used to being jipped it turned you into a complete wuss.

13. what

what Member

You are so touche. It isn't like I'm calling YOU a scam artist. But I do funny it quite funny that you are so passionate about your opinions on fantasy football and yet you can't spring for 55.00 dollars to join a league.

THAT is funny.

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

For your information I have more than a few money leagues that I play in well over the hundred dollar mark.

But my pocket is really none of your damn business so:

[​IMG]

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Rod Streater turning heads in Oakland. Who? Right.

Raiders are easily 5 deep at wideout. Jacoby Ford is gonna be the forgotten man in a lot of fantasy drafts. He's gonna get a lot of deep throws.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

How has Goodson looked so far in camp, he's a good handcuff for DMC if he again gets injured.

I hear Carson is finally clicking with the offense I like him in deep leagues or QB2 depth.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Goodson is a good runner, chip on his shoulder after being buried in Carolina.

Carson looks about the same as always. No reason he can't put up good numbers with the talent around him.

18. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Each of the 4 divisions must have its own player pool. That's the only thing that makes sense.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Weird.

20. what

what Member

Wow, that's all I needed was press about Jonathan Stewart to make people remember about him and deangelo.