1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2012] College Football Week 7

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Oct 9, 2012.

1. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Also WVU played Maryland and beat in the non-confernce.

Maryland is in 1st place in the ACC

regardless of what you think of the ACC, thats still another quality win in the non-confernce for the BIG12

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

The only team that even deserves to be in the convo with Bama, SC, Oregon, etc. for the title game from the big 12 is K-State. They should be able to take care of everyone left on their schedule, but even then I'd give an undefeated Oregon the nod over K-State for the title game.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Texas has givenup 9.35 yards per minute the last 3 games.</p>&mdash; Dennis Dodd (@dennisdoddcbs) <a href="https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/257233785513463808" data-datetime="2012-10-13T21:38:08+00:00">October 13, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet tw-align-left" width="350"><p>Texas has given up an average of 561 yards the last 3 games.</p>&mdash; Dennis Dodd (@dennisdoddcbs) <a href="https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/257236667079987201" data-datetime="2012-10-13T21:49:35+00:00">October 13, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Are you really trying to pass Marshall off as quality competition?

Maryland will probably get walloped by Florida State and Clemson, and I think NC State beats them, too.

5. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Again, you're starting your whole argument by taking for granted that your OPINION ("SEC is overranked" [not a word btw]) is a fact. It is not.

Almost every team plays at least one "Little Sisters of the Poor" school, even the ones in your beloved Big 12. Don't take my word for it either. Let's take a look. Baylor played SHSU, SMU, and ULM. OU played FAMU and UTEP. UT has Wyoming, and UNM. TT has achieved their defensive ranking against the powerhouses of Northwestern St. (Not the Big 10 school), Texas St., and UNM. That's just a few.

Your argument that any SEC school anywhere near the top 25 is "overranked" (STILL not a word) and that the Big 12 is full of world beaters simply because you say so is tiring, and yet every week we have this same argument. In short:

[​IMG]

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

lmao what a pathetic argument.

So USC is overrated for beating an overrated Georgia taem.

Yet you're really justifying West Virginia beating Maryland as a quality win. The ACC is pathetic and Maryland hasn't even played Florida St. or Clemson yet.

7. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

Some teams are getting exposed this week.

8. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Haha, I was going to stay out of your argument, but I follow the ACC very closely and this might single handedly be the dumbest comment I've ever seen. Maryland has played 1 team, I repeat, ONE TEAM, in the ACC, Wake Forest, and they won. And they will likely finish off Virginia, who is absolutely terrible. So, by being 2-0 yes they are technically 1st in the division. But if that's your argument, then just get out. Seriously, Duke was 1st in their division of the ACC for a week, does that make them a formidable opponent?

9. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Alabama is 1 team

top to bottom means that if you stack up 10 teams from each confernce which confernce would have the most wins

Big 12 would win

10. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

its a better win than Michigan lol

11. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

non-confernce

Georgia and USC started the year with top 10 rankings or pretty close to it, just beat 5 cupcakes, and hope for other teams too lose, and you have a top-5 matchup by week 6. Its really that simple

just because people hand them those rankings at the start of the year, doesnt mean they are actually that good

Also notice how whenever an SEC losses they dont fall much in the polls... SEC BIAS

12. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Baylor deserved their ranking because they beat a team in ULM that just beat #8 Arkansas.. plus they were undefeated, that has to count for something

Big 12 confernce is rarely ever given the benefit of the doubt by the polls, thats why i love the computers

13. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Duke was hanging close with Va Tech earlier today, so i dont get your argument either. You are trying to diss the Big 12, by making a 1st place team in the ACC look bad because they lost to a Big 12 team.

Its not secret that the ACC is down this year, and has been for quite a while. But the non-confernce helps when are trying make a case for which confernce is better TOP TO BOTTOM

14. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Give Stanford the touchdown. I wanna see more of this game.

Edit- wow, that was a tough call in my opinion.

15. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Agree 100%

16. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

I think he was in the 2 plays before as well... why didn't the review those...

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

That ND/Stanford call was worse than the GB/Sea call

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

I was utterly shocked at the TT/WV game. I thought West Virginia would rout the Raiders. Wrong!

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

Nah don't think he got in two plays before that but he definitely got in on that last one.

Don't see how it is even debatable. The whistle never blew and the ball clearly was in the endzone.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Oklahoma State avoids the upset vs Kansas.