1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2012] College Football Week 7

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Oct 9, 2012.

1. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Tech rolling...

2. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Also i disagree with the commentators that are asking Geno Smith to take off and run. He is not a runner like Colin Klien, running QB's are not successful long-term in the pros

If WVU defense cant get a stop, then so be it

I love how Geno stays in the pocket and refuses to take off. I think thats by design

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Texas Tech is just beasting.

4. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

only proves my point that the Big 12 is stronger top to bottom, and the computers reflect that

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

are Geno Smith's 15 minutes of fame already up?

6. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I though this was gonna be a close game. I never thought Tech would just blow them out. Tech's a legit threat for the Big 12 Title

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Or proves that West Virginia is a fraud and the Big 12 has zero elite teams.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

You can't win a Championship when your defense is that pathetic. That last TD run by texas tech showed how pathetic there defense is.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Mountaineers have surrendered 438 yards of offense in less than two full quarters at Texas Tech. Wow.</p>&mdash; Bruce Feldman (@BFeldmanCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/BFeldmanCBS/status/257227808194064384" data-datetime="2012-10-13T21:14:23+00:00">October 13, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Or that the league is filled with teams that are good but not great, and all the OTHER rankings reflect that.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

The crowd and the wind, ha. Come on Holgorsen, give some credit to the Tech D!

12. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

the beat good quality teams in the non-confernce

Iowa beat Michigan State today, who lost earlier to Iowa State

SEC teams are overranked

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

All this SEC/BIG 12 from top to bottom arguments are pointless every ****ing week.

West Virginia would not beat Alabama and that is all that matters.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

WVU is definitely a fraud (but Geno Smith is legit). The only team in the Big 12 with a real chance of being considered elite is OU. K-State doesn't impress me. They are an example of Bill Snyder squeezing blood out of a turnip.

15. The Cat

16. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

What does the last statement have anything to do with anything else in that post? Do you just post stream of consciousness? Our own little CF James Joyce?

17. The Cat

Agree completely. K-State doesn't have the horses to hang with elite teams. Snyder is fantastic and they'll win the vast majority of their games simply because they won't turn the ball over or commit penalties... but they're not a top 5 team by any stretch. OU is the only one with that sort of upside, but Jones is too erratic from week to week (see KSU game) for them not to inexplicably lose a couple along the way. Still, on a given day, they're capable of beating anyone... they're the Big 12's only close-to-elite squad.

18. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

WVU as a team YESS..

But Geno Smith as an NFL Prospect.. not even close

19. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Its the truth.. SEC teams are overranked

7 or 8 teams from that confernce start the year in the top 25, and even with losses they dont fall out of the top 25, look at LSU last week.. looked pathetic on offense i mean AWFUL. And they barely drop in the polls when they had been looking like crap up until that game

South Carolina is also overranked, they arent that good. Trust me they beat an overrated and overranked Georgia team

Do you see a theme here, these SEC teams get their top 10 rankings just because they are in the SEC, they go 5-0 playing garbage teams, and that builds their already inflated ranking so thats why you always have top 5 matchups in the early season. Its by design.
    ------

SEC Formula

1. Start the season with a top 10 ranking
    2. Play a bunch of a nobodies, other teams lose... your ranking goes up from beating nobodies

3. 2 top-5 SEC teams face off to bring in big money from tv viewers and ESPN hype

4. The winner of that game goes in the Top 3 of rankings, and the loser barely drops at all in the polls. I see this pattern every year

The easiest way to do this, would be to get rid of preseason rankings

20. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

whos voting on these rankings... they dont factor in the non-confernce quality opposition

If Texas A&M loses tonight, the Big 12 should be back at number 1 in the humans and the computers( as we already are)