1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2012] College Football Week 2

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Yeah, I know today a lot of Arkansas fans are going to say the Hogs lost because of the absence of Wilson in the second half. The truth is the Arkansas defense just flat out sucks! They were down 14-7 to FCS Jacksonville St during last week's game and they couldn't bury Sun Belt foe ULM when they had them down 28-7. ULM also dominated time of possession 2-1.....hell they dominated everything during the second half and OT.

Oh well.....there went any shot of Arkansas to have a glimpse of a national title.

2. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I wake up this morning and I turn on ESPN and their saying the Razorbacks lose to the Warhawks. I didn't even look at the score last night because the Razorbacks are ranked number 8, and the Warhawks are from a school I wasn't even sure played football.

Awesome win Warhawks.:grin:

#62 Rip Van Rocket, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  3. Major

Major Member

Lost in all the Arkansas and Wisconsin talk was the Iowa vs Iowa State game, where the revamped Greg Davis offense scored an amazing 6 points against mighty Iowa State.

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

It was a good game, though. Not too down by the final - those last two TDs were Mizzou in desperation pass mode in the closing minutes, which will never end well against that caliber of defense. Was pleased with how well Mizzou hung in, physically. We definitely had our chances.

The funny thing about the "old man football" debate is that y'all actually took over once you (mostly) abandoned the run and let Murray sling it. :p The TD drive at the end of the third that put Georgia on top for the first time (24-20) was incredible. Murray's throws there were top overall pick good... some of the windows that he fit balls into were incredibly small. If UGA gets THAT version of Murray on a regular basis, it's a national title-caliber team.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

I didn't watch much of the game but that haven't been that impressive you would think they would blow Syracuse out but game was pretty close until the 4th and still the final score wasn't a big margin. Seems like teams like LSU and Alabama take care of games like that.

6. Major

Major Member

I think that's a common perception but not always true. Alabama beat Georgia Southern last year 45-21. It was a 10 pt game midway through the 3rd quarter, and that was included a blocked FG returned for a TD (10 pt swing). GSU ran for 300 yards on Alabama in that game.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I was pulling for the Aggies, but I have to admit it's pretty funny that all of the Big 12 defectors (A&M, Nebraska, Mizzu, Colorado) lost this weekend. 2 in their new conference debuts and 1 to an FCS team.

Ironically, the team that broke up the old SWC also lost to an FCS team this weekend.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Who is this?

9. ima_drummer2k

Arkansas. Them leaving was pretty much the beginning of the end for the SWC.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Gotcha. But UL-Monroe isn't FCS, so that's why I was confused.

11. ima_drummer2k

I honestly didn't know that. I should know that, since they used to play in the Southland but don't anymore.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I would've thought that too had they not been Texas State's last win against an FBS school before that complete and utter stompdown they provided on 9/1.

13. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

dont worry bear bryant. crismon tide will have the day coming soon. no one stays on top of CFB for too long.

;)