1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2012] College Football Week 13

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Case could definitely scramble and throw on the run.

But look the rushing numbers. Keenum had 897 rushing yards for his career, while Manziel has 1181 in his first year. However, Manziel is unlikely to even approach the numbers Keenum put up passing the ball. Manziel does seem to have a pretty strong arm though, and he should improve as a passer.

How lucky is Sumlin to have had all these great QB's.

2. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Or is it more like, "How good is Sumlin to develop all these great QBs"?

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nah, if TAMU sucks they suck, I don't care. But yeah, you do lose it a little when you're battling 50,000 zombies saying TAMU's program is about to be done for in the SEC.

4. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Bingo.

It is one thing to have a lot of talent on the roster. It is coaching to know how to scheme to effectively utilize that talent.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah I knew they had been ahead on the BCS. To me, losing to Washington is gross. Refreshed my memory when I saw they beat ND who I don't think is the best team in football but I can see why the polls like it coupled with the Oregon win.

6. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Sumlin has done a great job of developing QB's, but I meant how lucky for Sumlin to get hired by UH and Keenum was already there, and then he goes to A&M and Manziel is already there. I think Keenum and Manziel have a lot more natural talent than the average college QB. Sumlin's timing has been perfect.

7. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Sumlin also has Matt Davis waiting in the wings redshirting this year and Kenny Hill of Southlake Carroll committed as well. If those two guys pan out, the QB position should be solid at A&M for at least the next five years.

8. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Don't forget Kohl Stewart from St. Pius, widely regarded a Top 10 QB in this year's recruiting class. Unless he gets drafted high enough in the MLB draft to make it worth his while.