1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2012] College Football Week 13

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Nov 19, 2012.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The dreaded hit on the side of the helmet takes out EJ Manuel.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Very impressed with UF. I thought FSU would kick them hard but they beat a very good defense into submission.

If (the other) USC beats Clemson convincingly, it's hard to argue the SEC is overrated this year. They are definitely the best conference and maybe by a good margin.

3. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Go Gators!

I sure hope Notre Dame loses.
    Then have Alabama beat Georgia in SEC championship.

Then Florida can play Bama for NC.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Johnny Manziel is Case Keenum in maroon. Same coach. Same system. Another un recruited West Texas redneck tearing it up.

5. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Johnny Football looks ALOT more mobile

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

After this weekend, the SEC will have 6 teams in the BCS top 10.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Lane Kiffin is an idiot! I could see trying one run, but trying on 2nd AND 3rd down was just stupid. Reminds me of Les Miles against Alabama 3 weeks ago.

Then on 4th down with the game hanging on one play, the freshman QB chokes like a dog.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Then he didn't kick the no brainer FG.

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

that wasn't Lane Kiffin, had to be an imposter

[​IMG]

12. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

While I don't like the Notre Dame program (camera kid's death, president not talking to the suicide alleged rape victim's family b/c the lawyer said it was a bad idea, tv for the last decade even though they've sucked), I'm happy for those kids. They've beaten everyone on their schedule, and that counts for everything, even when some have been controversial, lucky, or ugly. Also, Kiffin has been mediocre everywhere, but keeps getting hired for better jobs. At this rate, he'll be coaching in the NFL next year. A better coached USC might have won, but at least it's not Florida-Bama. I think the SEC is the best conference too (love my Aggies), but last year's all-SEC championship game sucked. The suspense and build-up wouldn't be the same...pretty much an SEC circle jerk that fans outside don't really care about.

13. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Mack Brown is a better coach than Lane Kiffen.

Lane Kiffen is the George W Bush of college football. Nepotism and failing forward.

14. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

As opposed to the Obama head coach who goes straight from waterboy to head coach, then takes the team from 6-4 to 2-8?

1 person likes this.
  15. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Same system, same coach, but I've seen Manziel do some running that I never saw Keenum do, and that's not a knock on Keenum because he was good. But Manziel is a freaking escape artist when he needs to be.

#35 Rip Van Rocket, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  16. TheresTheDagger

Good weekend of games but no upsets so....we get Notre Dame vs SEC champ.

I'm just concerned that my Aggies with their best season in over a decade and a Heisman candidate STILL might not make a BCS game.

#Travesty

17. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Uh, they literally have zero chance of making a BCS game. That ship has sailed.

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

If we're comparing, PSU was like the Bush admin and Obama, against all odds, somehow led them to an 8-win season.

19. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Not exactly unreceuited. He was committed to Oregon. He decommitted when A&M offered. Keenum's only FBS offer was UH. Manziel had an offer and committed to freaking Oregon. Your facts are just wrong.

20. Major

Major Member

Why is it a travesty? They will finish 5th in the conference. Had Florida lost, they may have gotten in purely on TV appeal, but in terms of conference standing, they'd still be behind ALA, FLA, and LSU, and GA, and tied with SC.