1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2012] College Football Week 11

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Nov 6, 2012.

1. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

I like em too. That would be ok with me.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

For the second week in a row, Oregon's defense is worthless. But Marcus Mariota is a machine.

3. Buck Turgidson

Can anyone explain this scheduling by the big bad SEC this late in the season:

Jacksonville St @ Florida
    Wofford @ South Carolina
    Western Carolina @ Alabama
    Georgia Southern @ Georgia
    Sam Houston St @ A&M

4. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Well A&M is because SOMEONE started pouting and didn't want to play them anymore, leaving them with a huge gap in their schedule that needed to be filled. SHSU manned up and decided to play them, unlike some OTHER team in Texas that wears orange.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

The Longhorns were tired of humiliating the Aggies. Decided to give them some mercy.

6. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Yes the series that was 3-3 over the last 6 years. Total humiliation :rolleyes:.

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

It's called having to have a "12th" game. You forgot about a classic in Auburn against Alabama A&M..yuk yuk yuk!!

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The SEC is quirky in that they always start their conference season earlier than anyone else (this year, games on Aug. 31 and Sept. 8). The logic is to spread out the meat of the schedule as much as possible. The downside is that it results in a November weekend of out-of-conference play, and it's fairly difficult to draw a competent opponent since most everyone else is in conference.

9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Overall picture of the all-time history speaks for itself. ;)

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

No one at Texas was pouting. Texas has historically played all their non conference games at the beginning of the season. Texas needed the slot to accommodate the 9 conference games it plays.

ATM moaning about it, is like a guy complaining about not being able to have sex with his longtime girlfriend after he breaks up with her. In this case, the girlfriend happens to be hotter than a Victoria Secret model, so their are plenty of guys willing to cut off one of their balls to hang out with her.

11. The Cat

It's worth pointing out that in this case, the guy is now having sex with about a half-dozen supermodels as hot or even hotter than the girlfriend he "broke up with". :)

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yet, he's still worried about his ex. :)

13. The Cat

True, there's still history and familiarity there. ;) And I suspect they're about six or seven weeks from hooking up again...

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

BYU has accepted an invitation to play in the Poinsettia Bowl. (December 20, vs MWC)

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

And it will be glorious.

Seriously can't get over how misguided I was with regards to the conference change. It's a whole lot more fun to root for the Aggies, plus it makes my wife a lot more happier, speaking of hooking up. :)

16. Major

Major Member

This just isn't true. You can use that to explain away football (though it really wouldn't be hard to schedule a non-conference game in November and play one conference game a week earlier) - but Texas banned playing A&M in other sports too. So this explanation doesn't work for basketball, etc.

Deloss Dodds threw a hissy fit over A&M leaving, just as he did with UH over the stadium seating issue about 10 years ago. You can argue whether it's justified or not, but there's no way around the the fact that it happened.

17. jdh008

jdh008 Member

That's an ugly slate of games. As a matter of fact, next week in general is a relative wasteland of games. Unless I skimmed over it too quickly, I couldn't find a single game that I'm all that excited to watch.

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Give me a quote from Dodds where he says he won't schedule A&M. I've only read that he won't schedule an annual meeting because its like having to schedule 10 conference games every year. From a logistics standpoint, it provides no flexibility to schedule any high profile teams such as ND.

19. Grape_Swisha281

Oregon, Kansas State and Notre Dame is the new AP rankings... Is Oregon really the top team?

20. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Bama falls just to 4. What a crock.