1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 BCS National Championship: (1) LSU vs. (2) Alabama

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Dec 4, 2011.

?

Who do you think will win this matchup?

1. LSU

56.4%
  2. Alabama

43.6%
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They have better offensive schemes than Alabama.

I like how LSU scheduled those teams as if to prepare itself for a possible title matchup vs a spread team. Smart move.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Most of us would rather watch a great offense (OSU) go up against a great defense (LSU).

Instead, we get to watch 2 boring offenses go up against each other and hear what a great defensive battle it was.

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

LSU's margin of victory is 26'ish. OSU's is 25'ish. Bama's is 28'ish.

4. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Precisely. How would Bama have done on the road against a bowl team hours after hearing that their fellow sports brethren had died in a plane accident, the 2nd plane accident to occur at that same school in a decade?

Also, ISU is going to a bowl game. People are making this out to be like they are 0-11 or something. They are not a horrible team. They are the equivalent of Miss. St not like Ole Miss.

Anyways. I'm tired of hearing about "but they lost to this team" as a reason why not.

Going to a BCS Championship should be determined by WHAT YOU DID. NOT WHAT YOU DID NOT DO.

As in, OSU did more to deserve going to the BCS Championship than Bama did.

1 person likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I agree.

What OSU did -- lost to an unranked team.
    What Bama did -- lost to the #1 team.

6. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Nick Saban voted Oklahoma State 4th. 5 people voted them 4th and one person voted them 5th. Idiots rigging the polls. I thought my opinion of Saban could not get any lower until now.

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Agreed...

I still don't know what VT did to get in...besides Clemson, who they lost twice to...but I digress...I still think LSU wins again...

8. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Its interesting how similar this is to 2006. Ohio St. and Michigan were #1 and #2. They played in the "game of the century" where Michigan lost by 3 on the road. Michigan got bumped down to #3 in the final standings.

Both Michigan and Ohio St got stomped in bowl games. There is no telling how these bowl games will go. There is not enough competition between conferences to gauge which one is better.

Alabama and LSU are probably the two best team, but how can you tell when they hardly play anyone out of conference. Having a rematch of teams in the same conference will prove nothing. The only game between the two conferences was A&M vs Arkansas. It was a close game that A&M choked away. Arkansas (10-2) is considered the 3rd best team in the SEC, only losing to LSU and Alabama. A&M (6-6) is 7th best team in the Big 12.

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

What OSU did -- beat 7 teams with a winning record.
    What Bama did - beat 3 teams with a winning record.

1 person likes this.
  10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

OSU has the 6th hardest SOS.
    Alabama has the 23rd hardest SOS.

11. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Did you know that half of our starters weren't playing? Also they scored on an 82 yard run on busted coverage and a kickoff return. Sheesh.

What's done is done. Alabama is playing LSU again whether you like it or not. If you don't like it then don't watch it, but I guarantee at least 95% of you will watch some part of the game on January 9th.

12. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I'll look at the score afterwards... does that count?

I am the 5%? #occupync

1 person likes this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Its a game nobody saw. People try and get cute and crunch numbers this time of year -- you can blame the BCS for that -- sometimes we forget about the good ole eyeball test.

More eyeball test = less Boise State in BCS games.

14. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

LMFAO perfect Alabama fan logic..smh @ the irony

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i don't like it much either but they are the two best teams, like it or not.

Despite OSUs great year, they screwed themselves by losing to Iowa St. You can't lose to an unranked team and be mad they aren't playing for a national title.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yup. They botched it. No one to blame but themselves.

17. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

So out of all that I wrote you choose to question why I felt OSU played like crap in the bowl game?? They completely looked disinterested. I want to know why nobody wants to confront why it was OK to have a rematch this year but not in 2007 when both games came down to one possession. Both games were hard fought.

BTW, as I said before I am a Michigan fan, so I could care less who the deserved team on the outside is this year. I have no interest in OkSt.

18. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

No you've got LSU, the best team in the country, who has played the most ridiculous schedule against quality opponents ive ever seen and you have alabama one of the most overrated teams in the country who played against 3 winning teams. lmfao to compare alabama to lsu is delusion.

losses count more? i dont think theres a loss that counts more than a loss to the team you think you deserve a shot at...hahaha you ALREADY lost wtf

i really dont care, i wont be watching the game, lsu became the champions in my book as soon as they put bama in the game.

19. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

I will still watch but not to excited to watch another 6-3 game. Alabama is probably the better team, but I would have loved to see Okie State's offense up against LSU's d.

20. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

I guarantee that any Alabama fan has more logic about their team then you'll ever have about your team.