1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 BCS National Championship: (1) LSU vs. (2) Alabama

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Dec 4, 2011.

?

Who do you think will win this matchup?

1. LSU

56.4%
  2. Alabama

43.6%
  1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

It would actually be really cool if LSU and Alabama agreed to play a 3rd game at a neutral site if necessary. They could keep all the money for themselves, negotiate their own TV deal, and crown their own national champion. Would be quite a windfall for both schools and a huge step towards dismantling the BCS. Would also be a pretty cool showing of sportsmanship as well.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

well, now i know what i will not be doing on 1/9/12.

3. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

That's just stupid.

If Alabama wins, then that's it. They win.

There's no need to have the same exact two teams play again.

Now if OSU beats Stanford it would be cool to give them a shot, but not LSU.

4. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

So much hysterical fail.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

yeah, no ****. why in the world would anyone think that would be a good idea?

6. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

2 points:

1) I think OSU deserved a shot, but they flubbed it against ISU. I don't think you can ignore that. That being said, Stewert Mandel from si.com gave some very compelling reasons why OSU deserves a shot anyhow. Unfortunately, it's hard to overlook the ISU debacle.

2) Those complaining about the game being boring: Lame. Epic-ly lame.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Why is it ridiculous?

I don't think Alabama is overrated. They clearly have a roster chocked full of potential NFL draftees. They have a great defense and possibly the best player in college in Trent Richardson. That said, they've only played against 3 teams with a winning record. Why does that mean more than OSU's 7 wins against ranked teams. Yes, the loss to ISU was what did them in. If we're going to look at one game, why not consider the circumstances around that game?

Alabama is a very good team and likely is the 2nd best team. That doesn't mean OSU didn't deserve to be in title game because of their body of work.

Besides...who wouldn't want to see one of the best defenses vs. one of the best offenses. I'd love to have seen Tyrann Mathieu vs Justin Blackmon.

8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Exactly. ;)

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If LSU trucks Bama, then we are never going to hear the end of the BCS mess.

This reminds me of when Nebraska snuck into the title game without playing in the Big 12 championship game.

DD

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

LSU will win but by a bigger margin; this is a stupid game, OSU should have been given a chance, Alabama already had theirs.

11. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

LSU 2, Alabama 0. 20 dropped passes. Six months of non-stop talk about what an epic struggle it was between legendarily good teams. Meanwhile, OSU trucks Stanford in the Fiesta Bowl, and shows the world what a great offense is.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't get the general disdain towards good defense, and praise of good offense. What's wrong with watching good defense?

And if Louisiana-Lafayette put up 34 on OSU, I'd imagine Louisiana State would hang 79 on them.

13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I was taking a quick look at all the box scores of OSU games. Most of the points scored on them come in garbage time, after OSU already has a huge lead, with the exception of a few close games (A&M, UT, K.State, ISU). Even in that A&M game, the OSU defense man-handled the A&M offense in the 2nd half.

OSU appears to give up plenty of yards on defense, but that is more likely due to letting up on D and subbing in the 2nd string after building a huge lead. They are highly ranked in points surrendered, and they are also #1 in the nation in forcing TOs. Watching their games, OSU does have a good defense with plenty of playmakers. The only defensive concern I can see is their rush defense seems a bit soft. Plenty of rush yards given up against run-heavy teams like Tulsa and K-State.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

LSU leads the nation in margin of victory. I imagine they've seen some garbage time.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I AGREE WHOLE-HEARTEDLY.

(irony: ur doin it right)

16. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

What's your point? There's no argument that LSU should not be in the BCS championship.

17. plates300

plates300 Member

I don't mind watching good defenses go at it, but it's another thing when two inept offenses are going at it as well. Aside from the run game that each team has, their quarterbacks are atrocious. Either way, here's to the rematch and hoping LSU wins so there won't be any more controversy.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The point is that getting scored on in garbage time due to large margins of victory isn't an excuse.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

how did oregon and west virginia score so much on that defense and alabama could not.

20. Major

Major Member

I think it's amusing that I-AA Georgia Southern scored more points on Alabama than any SEC team. SEC offenses are terrible. GSU ran for over 300 yards on that vaunted Alabama defense.