1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012-13 NFL Season Predictions

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by dkamberi25, Aug 28, 2012.

1. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Let me begin by saying that I am not a Texans fan. I am a Rocket fan and have been one since Drexler was traded to Housotn. I spend most of my time in the Rockets section, but football is my favorite sport so I like to drop by and see what is going on here. Also, I am not trying to troll the board or bad mouth the Texans just to illicit a response.

With all the teams having played the most important preseason game and the remaining set of preseason games only seeing starters in for a series, I thought it was time to create a thread with everyone's predictions on the upcoming season. It could be as simple as what you think the Texans will do, or who will win the Super Bowl, or as complicated as you want it to be. This could also be a place for members to discuss there views on the upcoming season and get some good debate going.

Here are my predictions for the following season:

NFC East:
    Giants
    Eagles
    Cowboys
    Redskins

NFC North:
    Packers
    Bears
    Lions
    Vikings

NFC South:
    Falcons
    Saints
    Panthers
    Bucanneers

NFC West:
    49ers
    Rams
    Seahawks
    Cardinals

I like the Giants and Packers to get the top two seeds with Giants getting homefield throughout, followed by the Falcons 3rd, 49ers 4th, Bears 5th and Saints 6th.

AFC East:
    Patriots
    Bills
    Jets
    Dolphins

AFC North:
    Ravens
    Bengals
    Steelers
    Browns

AFC South:
    Texans
    Titans
    Jaguars
    Colts

AFC West:
    Broncos
    Chiefs
    Raiders
    Chargers

I like the Patriots and Ravens to get the top two seeds with Patriots getting homefield throughout, followed by the Texans 3rd, Broncos 4th, Bills 5th and Bengals 6th.

Before I move onto the playoffs, out of the teams that I have missing the playoffs I expect most teams to be competitive throughout the season with the exception of the Vikings, Cardinals, Dolphins, Browns and Colts. These are the team I expect to finish the season with 5 or less wins and fight it out for the top pick in the 2013 Draft.

Wildcard Round:
    In the NFC I like the Bears and Falcons to beat the 49ers and Saints respectively, while in the AFC I like the Bills and Bengals to beat the Broncos and Texans respectively.

Divisonal Round:
    In the NFC I like the Giants and Packers to beat the Bears and Falcons respectively, while in the AFC I like the Patriots and Ravens to beat the Bengals and Bills respectively.

Championship Round:
    In the NFC I like the Packers to win on the road against the Giants and in the AFC I like the Ravens on the road against the Patriots.

Super Bowl:

Green Bay Packers 16
    Baltimore Ravens 27

I see this as the last year of their window and I expect the Ravens to take it all. I believe this season the offense catches up to the defense. Not having Suggs for the first half of the season is going to suck for them but I think it will force the offense to step up which I expect they will. I also expect Suggs to make a full recovery and be back on the field by November.

So those are my predictions. Now lets see yours. And if anyone wants me to explain any part of my predictions in greater detail I will be happy to explain myself.

2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Superbowl

Wild Card Dallas Cowboys win 24-24 over Division Champion Houston Texans.

4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

5. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

[​IMG]