1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2011 Houston Dynamo regular season thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by FrancisFan3, Mar 15, 2011.

1. tharges

tharges Member

To me the guy shows no hussle, shows flashes of nice passes but little else for what they were paying him. Its a blessing hes gone, they desparetly need someone who has first touch capability that can shoot. A mexican striker would be ideal Dos Santos.......anyone? Spend the money he will fill the seats.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I said from the beginning it was a reach. He was a mediocre player in a league no better than the MLS. A forward that hadn't scored double digit goals in years in a weak league.

Houston teams clearly need to stay away from players from Greek leagues.

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

He was still more creative that anyone else this team has up front or in the midfield outside of Brad Davis. Cam Weaver, Will Bruin, and Brian Ching are all the exact same kind of player, they need something different up there

Speaking of creativity, Geoff Cameron just looked abysmal out there against Dallas playing from the central midfield, I dont know why they continue to play him there

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So I went to a sold out Roberston stadium to see some futbol on Sunday to see my cousin on the Salvadorian national team. No one sat down and the place was Amazing!

Too bad that's about the closest I'll get to a real soccer atmosphere in Houston.

/cool story bro.

5. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

So was your post meant just to insult the Dynamo or were you trying to show your ignorance as well?

6. REEKO_HTOWN

I actually have some beef with the the Dynamo organization about how they treated the International teams and press this weekend. They locked the Salvadorian players out of the Dynamo locker room and the players were forced to dress and undress in the hallways outside. They could have done something to accommodate the players.

These are professional athletes and they rented the Building from the Dynamo. They profited from the event. Not to mention the Dynamo staff that were very rude throughout the Stadium that day.

7. DrLudicrous

You may or may not know this, but Robertson Stadium is owned and operated by the University of Houston. I have a feeling that the staff working the game also have nothing to do with the Dynamo.

8. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Yeah that definitely sounds more UH related than Dynamo FO related. I doubt anything like that would ever come close to happening with the new stadium next year.

I'm sure there were Dynamo officials at the game, but the majority of the staff (read: Ushers, concessions, ticket takers, credential hawks at the doors) are all either UH or 3rd party employees.

Hell, even the Dynamo have had issues at Robertson and they rent the place out for the past 5 years.

9. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

just a few observations from the little that i have watched

they lack quality depth, i think im not stating something that most people already know

they need a true captain, brad davis kinda takes the roll cause he's their best player, but i dont see him with great leadership qualities

im thinking palmer needs to be moved to defense, he seems to play very good on the ball defense but he gets taken advantage of in the middle of the field, he has very good touch but he doesnt look to advance the ball enough

cant wait until watson and davis own the midfield

10. DrLudicrous

I think Cameron would make a better captain, he's much more vocal and is always going all out. If Ching ever plays then he's ahead of Davis on the captain list.

He supposedly played right back before coming to Houston and has played there a little bit for us. I would love to see him move there long term with the way Freeman and Sarkodie have played but it leaves us with a hole in the midfield.

Watson has had a few good plays, but I haven't been too impressed with him. Clark is getting better as he gets more playing time and I think he'll end up being the starter at right mid if he continues to improve.

11. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

the little i have seen of watson the guy looks like he is ready to be a play maker, i have not paid enough attention to clark to have an opinion, but if clark moves to the midfield ahead of watson would you want watson as a striker?

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I thought Watson had looked awful playing on the right side, he only looked good in the middle, so unless they decide to finally move Cameron out of the middle, idk what they are gonna do with him

13. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

14. leroy

Finally, a win...2-0 over Toronto tonight. First win since June 11, though they are unbeaten in their last 3.

15. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

16. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

Tomorrow at 7:30 pm, the Houston Dynamo are playing against the Bolton Wanderers from the English Premier League. Stuart Holden will not play because he is still injured. I don't know if the game is on t.v. but it will be on the radio 790 AM and there might be some links or online stream for this game.
    [​IMG]

17. leroy

Anyone know anything about Moffat and what the allocation money does for us?

18. REEKO_HTOWN

I hear Moffat is nothing special, solid and that the Dynamo were really high on Ashe's and would replace Chabala permanently. Allocation money is like cash considerations in the NBA, doesn't count against the cap and can be used to sign players and what not.

19. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

http://twitter.com/#!/SoccerInsider

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I liked Palmer, but you could see it coming, his time has been getting cut back a lot lately